Dear All,
I picked up a new connection from Vodafone in Mumbai.I used the sim only after verification i.e, on the 3rd of september 2011 through my iphone.The service provider sent me a message on the 5th of September saying that the outgoing calls were barred as it has crossed the limit.I was given to understand that the limit was for Rs.500 advance which was paid.I received a message saying that a bill of Rs.129 was dispatched due on 22nd september2011.When I went to pay the bill in the kiosk, the machine displayed a bill of Rs.2506.When I contacted the manager in the vodafone center he informed me that the 2506 was because their server was communicating with the internet server and it was continually getting billed at the rate of 1 paise per second despite all my outgoing facility being blocked.When I asked if there was no barring for a new customer, he said that the company gives a maximum credit of Rs.900 after which all services are terminated.When I asked him as to why the server was still active, he informed us that Oracle software had a glitch due to which internet services are active in the backgroung despite termination of a customers outgoing facility.He told me that some customers had bill upto 75000 rs.My question is when I was given to understand that all my outgoing facility was barred, why was this active and why was I not informed of this glitch when I took this connection.If it was an ongoing issue, it was the duty of the service provider to inform me that even if I log off the web due to non payment issues, their server would automatically generate a bill which has cuurently come uptoRs. 3000 despite them not activating my outgoing facility from 5th of September and sending a dummy message that my outgoing was activated on the 14th of September.I have not made any outgoing calls since the 5th.Can anyone help me with this. I am planning to educate the public via the media because there are many customers who will surely be unaware of the same.