+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Connecting LG Smart TV & laptop through WIFI - Tata Photon USB

Advert.

priya_lokanathan
    priya_lokanathan is offline Just in!

Connecting LG Smart TV & laptop through WIFI - Tata Photon USB

Advert.
    I use dell laptop and tata photon plus usb modem. I would like to configure my wifi router (Nokia siemens) with TATA and to LG smart TV. Can anyone help me out?

Admin
    Admin is offline Administrator
    Topic Approved
    Welcome Priya Lokanathan to eTalkIndia.com .

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver
    If your WIFI router allows you to connect USB modem directly to it then you can do it.
    Otherwise, first connect your USB modem to laptop and connect laptop to WIFI and then TV to WIFI.
    In your computer, for USB internet connection, enable internet connection sharing and you can then use internet through wifi on any wifi enabled device in permissible range.

priya_lokanathan
    Thanks for your reply.

I tried it already but even then i couldnt connect the internet to wifi router. When i tried with TV it showed DNS error sometimes and even 'not connected' sometimes. I dont understand what to do

lk9001
    lk9001 is offline Just in!
    Quote Originally Posted by priya_lokanathan View Post
    Thanks for your reply.

I tried it already but even then i couldnt connect the internet to wifi router. When i tried with TV it showed DNS error sometimes and even 'not connected' sometimes. I dont understand what to do

kindly tell me the model of ur tv. but one thing i ssure you need to purchase LG wifi usb dongle to create wifi for ur router, then u will be able to use this feature of smart tv.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver
    lk9001 is right though, if your TV doesn't have WIFI then you can't do anything. And I am not sure if it comes with WIFI or not!

7. Advert.

priya_lokanathan
    Quote Originally Posted by lk9001 View Post
    kindly tell me the model of ur tv. but one thing i ssure you need to purchase LG wifi usb dongle to create wifi for ur router, then u will be able to use this feature of smart tv.
    TV model is LG 3730 42"

Can the wifi router act as a wifi dongle?

I could connect the laptop & router wireless and the router with the TV wired.
    It is showing DNS error when i tested the connection.

lk9001
    lk9001 is offline Just in!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    lk9001 is right though, if your TV doesn't have WIFI then you can't do anything. And I am not sure if it comes with WIFI or not!

LG WIFI adapter model no is LG AN-WF100(avaliable on LG Shoppe). just purchase it, connect to the USB Port of ur TV. after that just start ur wifi router(Nokia Siemens) already purchased by u. it will connect ur smart tv to the internet.

+ Post a Comment HERE!