1 25.00%
+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Corruption in Indian Politics

Advert.

YourBuddie
    YourBuddie is offline Newbie

Corruption in Indian Politics

Advert.
    Corruption is now synonymous with Indian Politics. All are busy uncovering the corruptions of one government, overlooking their own records. And we, as public, are critisizing each government for the corruptions...without thinking that each of us has been associated with such corruptions in some way or other. So I raise this questions: "Is corruption a problem with Indian Politics or it has risen from grassroots levels?"...One who is blaming others for corrupting the system needs to think who builds up the 'system', who all are part of the system, and how is he/she is associated with the problem? Is he/she a part of the system.......Time for some serious thinking!!!! :

Khabri
    Khabri is offline eTI Iron

Re: Corruption in Indian Politics

Hi Chandra Prakash, A warm welcome to eTI, A true Indian Community. Corruption is getting very complicated in India. Its now totally non-sense to think for these people to not to get corrupt just for the sake of welfare of nation. I think we need a some rock-solid system where corruption can not be there at all.

But on the other hand, if you see private organization, there is almost zero percentage corruption, so can it be a solution adopting the way of private sector in Govt too ?

YourBuddie

Going the Pvt way has been a solution that has been long discussed. But I don't know how many have thought about why the PVT sector is is not so affercted (I wont say its 100% free of this disease). What I feel the best part of a pvt system is transparency down to every level. Most of them have a forum where people can have their problems addressed and solved. What if such system is put in place in the Govt part also. Considering the fact that India is largely a rural country, implementing the pvt way completely by the govt bodies will be far reaching.
    Again one thing I would like to figure out is that each need to identify individual responsibilities, both at the microscopic and macroscopic level. In this regard I would quote Prof. APJ Abdul Kalam's Seven Point Oath towards Vision India 2020:

1> I realize I have to set a goal in my life. To achieve the goal, I will acquire the knowledge, I will work hard and when the problem occurs, I have to defeat it and succeed

2> I will work with courage to achieve success in all my tasks and enjoy the success of others

3> I shall always keep myself, my home, my surroundings, neighborhood and environment clean

4> I realize righteousness in the heart leads to beauty in the character. This brings harmony in the home and it leads to order in the nation and this will result in peace in the world

5> I will lead an honest life free from all corruption and will set an example for others to adopt a righteous way of life

6> I will light the lamp of knowledge in the nation and ensure that it remains lit forever

7> I realize whatever work I do if I do the best, I am contributing towards realizing the vision of developed India-2020

Having said that, I think if all realize individual responsibility, every problem will be automatically solved.....

kammy
    kammy is offline eTI Copper

We all must stick to these rules.
    kamal

estore
    estore is offline eTI Member

thats no good

YourBuddie

Why you say "tats no good"???

7. Advert.

kammy
    kammy is offline eTI Copper

corruption and politics are correlated to each other so closely that they can't be seperated.
    kamal

YourBuddie

I agree Kammy that politics and corruption are very much into each other but what I mean to say that we must try to keep the effects away from national interests....and I guess we can do that if we can keep ourselves clean, individually!

vss1981
    vss1981 is offline Just in!

I think a seprate and independent commision should be formed just like ICAC (independent commission against corruption) in hong kong and many other countries. It does work if it is transprent and gov pressure free. It did amazing work in hong kong which could easly be the one of the cleanest withrespect to corruption. ICAC works alone. I know we already have CBI but it has lot of tasks in hand whereas ICAC should work only on corruption and that too only on gov sectors because thats is the most corrupt of all.

YourBuddie

Now tats a solution we all were waiting....its definately a great idea...actually any organisation which is free from govt pressures and is given the power to work independently can be very clean......do we have any option/source to voice this idea to concerned people or at least make this idea a popular one so that it gets noticed?
    Apart from this I think the government should again be restricted to interfere in such organisations and stay away from amendments to it coz we see that amendments are the most powerful tool of lawmakers to bend rules their way!

psnswaminathan
    psnswaminathan is offline eTI Iron

corruption is everywhere - we have to live with it.

let me give an example.

Any one who is really interested in knowing how eradication of corruption, upholding transparency in administration, Right to Information Act are working, they can get the information from Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) about the complaint (lodged by me) registered by CVC 611/01/10. CVC in its web site initially stated that “Administrative Action has been taken”, then stated that “Commission ordered closure of case” and now web site gives error message.

knowingly I have not given the details of my complaint - honestly hoping CVC will an impartial details on the case under RTI Act - let us see how transparancy works.
    Regards,
    Sincerely,
    P.SWAMINATHAN
    12, 18th Street, Balaji Nagar Extn.II, Puzhuthivakkam, Chennai-600091 (TN) India
    Phone: 044-22530059
    Cell: 9840780885
    Email: [email protected] - [email protected]

psnswaminathan

in my above response, there is a typographical error in quoting CVC Ref: as 611/01/10 -- CORRECT REF: under which my complaint is registered is CVC Ref: 611/05/10 repeat correct CVC Ref:611/05/10.

I regret for error in my earlier posting.

psnswaminathan

Indian citizens are armed better than any country men.

still we are suffering from corruption.

it is because, we have habit of talking the issue in Tea stall without knowing how much we are powerful - we don't spent even single minute to solve the problem.

taazakhabar
    taazakhabar is offline Newbie

Corruption and politics are like milk and water....its difficult to separate one from the other

+ Post a Comment HERE!