+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

LG DVD writer wont write.stucks at 1 percent & stops but start write when abort

Advert.

Noob
    Noob is offline eTI Member

LG DVD writer wont write.stucks at 1 percent & stops but start write when abort

Advert.
    I have LG DVD-Burner. Model is HL-DT-ST DVD RAM GSA-H55N , recently I found that I am unable to write any DVD. I have just wasted my 5 DVD-R to figure out the problem. It actually starts writing then after 1 % it won't do any activity but if I abort it then it starts writing something, as if it was thinking that I will write after user stops . So when I see my DVD which was aborted, it has something written.
    Looks like that it writes the data which should be there before finishing the actual write.

I was using Nero 6 , now installed nero 7 but still same problem. I have reinstalled DVD drivers also but no gain.

Please help

kammy
    kammy is offline eTI Copper

Re: LG DVD writer wont write.stucks at 1 percent & stops but start write when abort

try to use ultra iso 1 more time it may help.
    send me your email in a private message i'll send you some of the burning softwares like power iso n ultra iso premium.

also have patience unmark files added to be later.

i have writed two dvds yesterday in both cases it stopped at 1% for about 10 minutes and then proceded for complition.
    kamal

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Re: LG DVD writer wont write.stucks at 1 percent & stops but start write when abort

Also ! did you try another media ?
    It is said that sometimes cheap media also causes similar problem.

Noob
    Noob is offline eTI Member

It seems I solved the problem..
    In my bios "UDMA" was disabled which means DMA mode was decided explicitly by OS ie. XP .
    XP was detecting it as "Multi word DMA-2" but now I set UDMA under bios as "AUTO" and hence it is detecting it as "Ultra DMA 4" ..

And it is working Good.

kammy
    kammy is offline eTI Copper

it seemed to be very complicated process.
    well congrats.
    kamal

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

It is not that much complicated.
    Actually storage devices support various DMA mode, (DMA = Direct Memory Access) allows you to have fast data without much intervention of CPU power.

In above case, its bios was not set to use Ultra DMA and hence Device ie. DVD writer was giving problem as it was not using proper memory access scheme. When he enabled UDMA in his BIOS then device was able to use proper DMA and hence started working properly.

I will soon write how to find out DMA mode as TIP !

7. Advert.

Raptor Guest
    Hey I have a similar problem... but I haven't found any settings for the DMA mode in my bios...

I'm having a LG drive and it also stops in Nero at 1%, and I usually restart the computer from the reset button, I don't cancel the writing sequence because guess what - it will burn 1MB and wreck the blank DVD.

I had an old drive some years ago that was set to ATA 100 and wasn't working, and I set it down to ATA66 and started to work fine...

+ Post a Comment HERE!