+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Connecting to bsnl huawei quidway router from samsung galaxy y duos phone

Advert.

schpalli
    schpalli is offline Just in!

Connecting to bsnl huawei quidway router from samsung galaxy y duos phone

Advert.
    Hi I would like to use my BSNL broadband (in India)at home through my Samsung Galaxy Y duos phone. I am able to establish to the wireless connection as the phone wireless connection is saying connected. Also when i try to login into IP address http://192.168.1.1/ also. But I am unable to browse internet. Please suggest whether I need to change any settings in my router or in my phone. Thanks.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver
    Make sure you have DHCP enabled in your modem and then try to reconnect .

schpalli
    Hi
    I enable DHCP server on. Restarted the router. But the problem still persists

Ricky
    Make sure phone is set to get IP address automatically from router.
    If you have already set up connection in phone, remove it and create it again .

schpalli
    Hi
    If I do this in my mobile phone (under wireless connection) for the given router WA1003A I am getting a message 'Obtaining IP address...' but it never connected. At least earlier it used to connect to router related webpages for any configuration now even this is not possible.

One related observation I have. When I connect to my broadband through laptop I used to get a prompt for user and password which are supplied by my telephone company BSNL. But when I try to connect through mobile, earlier when I used static IP, I used to connect to the wireless router but no prompt disapluyed for user password. May be this is the reason why my internet on mobile never used to work? If so, what is the solution.
    Thanks

schpalli
    Hi
    After disabling fixed IP the wifi is connection is showing a message like 'acquiring IP address' and it is never connecting

7. Advert.

Ricky
    If you are using dial up connection to connect to internet then it will not work on your phone.
    First you need to make sure you modem is set to autoconnect and is working as router too.

As you said after disabling fix IP, its showing acquiring IP address then it means DHCP server is not enabled on your modem.

+ Post a Comment HERE!