+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

What is Tikona Broadband and how they work ?

Advert.

Naveen Arora
    Naveen Arora is offline eTI Iron

What is Tikona Broadband and how they work ?

Advert.
    Since we have now Tikona broadband forum, I have one question I always wanted to ask. With their weird name Tikona it is not clear how they work and what kind of service they provide ?

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    Tikona is a wireless broadband service provider , they provide you internet at your home using WIFI and now recently they have acquired 4G license so will be using that technology too.

They install a wireless receiver at your home, connect it to your computer through LAN cable and then you can use their internet through a username and password. They provide Prepaid as well pospaid services. Below is more details taken from wikipedia :
    Tikona Digital Networks (TDN), referred to simply as Tikona, is an Indian Internet service provider based in Mumbai. TDN has an all-India Class-A ISP license granted by the Ministry of Communications, government of India.The companies most of the investment[clarification needed] from private equity companies Goldman Sachs Investment Partners (22.8 percent stake), Indivision India Partners (13.46% stake), Oak India Investments (23.55% stake) and Green Lotus Investments (10.09% stake). In 2008, it was founded in Mumbai. It is India’s foremost wireless broadband service provider, having an All India Class A ISP license. By mid-2010, Tikona had a base of 150,000 customers, including 6000 small and medium business customers.

Tikona plans to launch TD-LTE-based 4G wireless broadband services in Gujarat, Himachal Praesh, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh (East) and Uttar Pradesh (West) in October 2012.

+ Post a Comment HERE!