+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Should I meet online friend in real (he is from UK and I am Indian Girl)

Advert.

Mad_Mandy
    Mad_Mandy is offline Just in!

Should I meet online friend in real (he is from UK and I am Indian Girl)

Advert.
    I had met a guy on online dating site. I had made it clear to him that I was looking for only friendship nothing more. We have talked a lot an got to know about each other very well. He lives in UK and was here in India for business work and personal reason. We both have lot of differences he lives in UK so he's very forward and I am a typical Indian girl. He wanted to meet me but I was afraid as I don't usually meet my online friends. Also, I was very busy at that time with family and work. He had stopped talking to me in between and I was unaware of reason. I tried contacting him to ask the reason he advised that he's busy with his company inauguration till this month. I contacted him to congratulate him. We talked after a long time and he then revealed how he felt for me and was afraid to disclose and so he was avoiding me. I told him he should have let me know then and we could have worked it out instead of keeping it to himself.
    He's a kind of guy who'll not easily fall for anyone. We both like each other. But he doesn't want to be in relationship as he thinks I might be sad. I don't know why he feels that way I asked him but he never answers. He wants to meet me but to have a physical relation. I don't want that. He also knows that. I want to meet him but am afraid as I know what he wants. He'll not force me but I don't know am confused.
    Should I meet him or not. As at one end he said he has fallen for me but will not marry me. And at other end he says*“u have to meet me, and have life”. He’s making it so difficult to take decision.* Please help me to take correct decision.

Sweetie
    Sweetie is offline eTI Member
    Lets make it simple for you, if you don't want to have any relation in real life with him then don't meet him. Once you meet him, things will get different. So its your call.

Pulkit
    Pulkit is offline eTI Aluminium
    Hello Mad_Mandy,

First and the most important of all. online dating sites are usually non reliable. You can never be sure that the person on the other terminal is the same you have been talking to or perhaps he/she is actually the one he/she pretends to be. So, take it as a real fact that whatever he has told you in all these years of your online chatting with him, not 100% can be true. I am not saying that he is completely lying to you but what happens is, when we chat with someone and we start liking that person, we generally tend to fake some details of ours just to make a positive impact on him/her. So,there is a finite possibility that he might have not told you everything right about himself.

Now coming to your question, whether to meet him or not...well things depend on you. As you said he wants to have a physical relationship with you, now it depends on you whether you agree to provide him with this level of freedom or not. Moreover, I don't understand why he wants to get physical with you but not to have a relationship with you. So, all you can do is, meet him but if you are not comfortable having this physical relationship with him, try to meet him in public places and keep that meeting short because just as what Sweetie said, things will be different after this meeting. So you need to make a thorough analysis of your mind and feelings that whether you want to meet him or not. After all, its completely your call but what I see is, when a person is not ready to get into a relationship with you, he shouldn't be given the freedom to get physical with you.

Rest is all up to you !!!
    All The Best !!!
    Take Care !!!

Mad_Mandy
    Thanks a lot!!!!! I dropped the plan to meet him.

Mad_Mandy
    Yes Pulkit, I agree that people lie while they are chatting online and that is why I was scared. You are also right that if a person doesn't want a relationship he should not get physical as well. I have dropped my plan to meet him.
    Thank you so much for your advise it means a lot.

asaam
    asaam is offline eTI Iron
    Nice to see you have made your decision, Pulkit is good adviser at eTI community

7. Advert.

Pulkit
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Mandy View Post
    Yes Pulkit, I agree that people lie while they are chatting online and that is why I was scared. You are also right that if a person doesn't want a relationship he should not get physical as well. I have dropped my plan to meet him.
    Thank you so much for your advise it means a lot.
    You are most welcome Mad_Mandy. Just a piece of advice for you, while chatting online , avoid sharing your personal details to the other person. I understand, not everyone is a false identity but you will thank yourself, if you follow what I say.

Enjoy the virtual world !!!! Keep Smiling !!!
    All The Best !!!
    Take Care !!!

Pulkit
    Quote Originally Posted by asaam View Post
    Nice to see you have made your decision, Pulkit is good adviser at eTI community
    Thank you so much assam. It feels great when you are appreciated. Thanks alot.
    All The Best !!!
    Take Care !!!

+ Post a Comment HERE!