+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What do you think about resevation in promotions for SC, ST and so on?

Advert.

rahulsinghd132
    rahulsinghd132 is offline Just in!

What do you think about resevation in promotions for SC, ST and so on?

Advert.
    I think India had most ethic gov. since its independence......

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    What do you mean, are you trying to say Pathetic Govt..

If you talk about SC, ST and reservation, if you are the one who is going to get benefited from it then you will support it else its completely irrational in today's scenerio.

Sweetie
    Sweetie is offline eTI Member
    Why disparity even in promotion, I think it is very bad practice, only people who are receiving direct benefit will appreciate it. I agree with yahoo that this is not a good practice. It is all about vote bank and has nothing to do with welfare of society.

somyta
    somyta is offline Just in!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Why disparity even in promotion, I think it is very bad practice, only people who are receiving direct benefit will appreciate it. I agree with yahoo that this is not a good practice. It is all about vote bank and has nothing to do with welfare of society.

I completely agree with both of u guys... this is a pathetic gov. They r saving their vote by making these kind of stupid arrangements for st sc people. Thouh in todays scenerio there is no difference in between sc st and general. But they r creating diffrrence for their small benefits.

alekhya
    alekhya is offline Just in!
    We should consider many views of this matter.As a citizen of india think abt the past days how the lower caste people were treated,suffered every where they were not even allowed to sit in the school.just they worked as slaves to the zamindar's right. Dr B.R.Ambedhkar who took initiative on this and tried hard to get reservation to some extent.The efforts of Ambedhkar were'nt waste as So many have studied under this reservation and well settled in life like all others.If we observe most of the poverty was observed in this caste people.right now they have some how getting seats under reservation category and fighting against their poverty......I undoubtdly,unconditionally agree to this promotion....its a good idea....

arvi2012
    arvi2012 is offline eTI Member
    When our constitution had been written by Dr. B.R. Ambedkar, then the scenario was much different. At that time S.C/S.T people were very much undeveloped and uneducated, so they needed that reservation badly. But now things changed drastically, the scenario is not that bad at all......So I guess government should start reservation on economy basis not caste basis....

7. Advert.

decena
    decena is offline eTI Member
    Very good suggestion arvi , infact in hold world generally reseravation or should say extra facilities are given on the basis of their economic conditions only.

avinash.varma4464
    avinash.varma4464 is offline Just in!
    I liked Mr. Narayan Murthy's approach on reservation.
    When he was asked by govt to have reservation in Infosys hirings .. he came up with a new idea.
    He said i will conduct a special training sessions for those seeking reservation and while recruiting i will hire them on their skills like everyone else.
    The whole meaning of reservation was not to give anything free to anyone but to help weaker part of society to become strong and face the competition.

I liked that idea very much. It makes a lot of sense.

arvi2012
    I think the reservation should be judged by the financial merit......If you give something to someone free of cost then he/she will never understand the worth of it.......

Aarish Rizvi
    Quote Originally Posted by arvi2012 View Post
    I think the reservation should be judged by the financial merit......If you give something to someone free of cost then he/she will never understand the worth of it.......
    That is also a valid reason because people generally do not realize worth unless they don't get it hard way !

arvi2012
    yaa.....that's why the government needs to ensure who's deserving and who's not....That is the most comprehensive method as per me.........

cvarma81
    cvarma81 is offline Just in!

Unhappy reservation in promotion for sc st

respected sir,
    reservation in promotion for sc st is a game played by political people to gain votes of some castes to lure them so that they can gain their votes infact the one who are benefited by these reservations are not at all caring at those who belong to their caste or creed if government really wants to help those people who are downtrodden leave these games and think at the problem where it is there are down trodden not only is sc,sts there are down trodden in brahmins, muslims, and in all castes there are down trodden so i think reservation for sc st should not be given
    Thanking you sir,

Aarish Rizvi
    Cvarma..
    I don't what's your name but here I think everyone understand it but why still we are facing discrimination in society ?
    When we will actually start thinking about Real issue, that is .. the progress of country.. why we are not taking development and progress as Political agenda ?

When will we actually grow up ?

sakshi sharma
    sakshi sharma is offline Just in!
    It's time the SC /ST quota is done away with. This itself is racially discriminatory; as why label somebody a tribal or as member of a caste? Didn't we ask to get rid of the caste system? Isn't this double speak by governments? Of course economically backward people can be given some privileges but not based on tribes and castes. But once again the problem arises: Which government will bell this cat?

sakshi sharma
    sakshi sharma is offline Just in!
    Time and again we keep telling ourselves( so does the government) that there is no caste system. But the government keeps putting discriminatory reservations on basis of caste. It's time we did away with system of tribals and caste. It's time to have reservations on basis of economic conditions-strictly for those who are economically backward. However, the biggest question is: which government will bell this cat? All governments resort to do double speak whenever this question of SC/ST is raised.

+ Post a Comment HERE!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
X
Have Question? Ask now free!