+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What do you think about resevation in promotions for SC, ST and so on?

Advert.

svps_in
    svps_in is offline Just in!
    Advert.
    Reservations are must in this nation but the policy must have a time bound and children of doctors, engineers, bureaucrats, politicians and children from higher income group families must not enjoy the facilities meant for Schedule cast & S. tribe citizens.

Subham008
    Subham008 is offline Just in!
    I feel every Indian is still confused regarding the motive behind reservations. If the reservations are kept just to "bring the backward classes to the mainstream" it can be done by granting them reservations in lower level government jobs. Granting reservations in premier institutes and top jobs is nothing but partiality. If a child fails in his annual exams we provide him grace marks to pass, not to top the examinations. Similarly, if you feel certain people enjoy less services you should provide them some "reasonable" benefits. Reservation is not at all the solution for the development of the backward classes. I doubt any of the IAS officer selected by the ST/SC quota does any substantial work for his community. Everyone wants to become IAS or other govt. official for living a lavish lifestyle,often funded by corruption and not do any developmental work for one's community or nation. I think the need of the hour is to think beyond vote-banks and do something which truly benefits the nation.

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    It seems that everyone understand what we need but the Leaders..
    Time to change the Leaders I think......

sheetal
    sheetal is offline Just in!
    It is all about vote bank and has nothing to do with the welfare of anybody. Only they r creating difference for their small benefits & releasing everyone that Cast difference is still there.

swapnilramani
    swapnilramani is offline eTI Iron
    The time when B.R.Ambedkar drafted the constitution, the Lower castes people were not treated properly hence there was a need to draft such a section in the constitution to provide certain seats reserved in every sector for the lower caste people.
    However, Today's scenario is different from the past, today equal rights are given to all the castes people whether of the higher caste or lower caste, hence this section of the constitution should be redrafted and seat reservations in all sector should be done as per merit system and not as per caste system.

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    We are sitting on fire now, any moment it can burn us.. I don't know when and who will realize it ?

PS: Swapnil, I am waiting for your answer in your thread about reliance gsm slow issue.

7. Advert.

+ Post a Comment HERE!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
X
Have Question? Ask now free!