hello,

i am a 23 year old guy, i am in a bit of a typical movie type situation,
i thought i had feeling for another gal while i met my old classmate after a long time, me and my old classmate got talking where she told me about her past bf
(who she isnt technically dating from last one year as the guy is apprehensive of his family accepting her in the long run due to caste issues & some odd shitty reason) which i feel he is just making up to buy time & explore other options.

meanwhile,my classmate was curious in my interest for the other gal & she was guiding me to get her, meanwhile in the last 6 months i have developed interest in my classmate and have totally moved over the earlier gal which i feel was just an infatuation.

i openly told my classmate about my feelings & she said that you are a nice guy blah-blah but she still feels that it can work out between her & his ex., i said its fine and we were the usual friends.

now the dilemma is that we are pretty good friends now & i am in constant touch wid her & she also takes active interest in me, my family etc.... i can't get her out of my head.....i am drawn to her all the more as i know more & more of her.

should i just tell her about this & distance myself & hope for the best?

or

should i try to be a good friend and wait for her to move over her sort of ex/ex?

if i tell her & move away i lose a very good friend ,

but if i dont and stay friends, it bothers me way too much that though we are so in each other lives but can never go ahead further than this?

i hope that you all will try to guide me in some sensible and sane decision