Money Hai toh Honey Hai Review - Bollywood Movie

I had not watched much of the trailer of the movie but as a its a new movie from Govinda, I had some expectation that may be this time Govinda will go brainy and go for roles which suites his real age. After movie Partner, which was some how a success at theaters (I still don't understand why it was a success, may be fan of Salman and Govinda made it success altogether) Govinda seems to regain some of his confident. But I he did not learn, he still thinks that no brainer comedy can be the way to success as it used to be earlier. Days are gone when comedy movies were hit just because Govinda's presence. I remember that most of his movies were pretty good time pass and his style of semi-senseless comedy was accepted and enjoyed but not now.

So, first instance of disappointment from the movie is Govinda trying to be guy in 20s, com'n Hindi Cinema audience is now more intelligent and we need something which is realistic. Calling someone near 50 to be of 20 never makes sense. This is what I feared first and it was again a mistake. People never learns. Govinda is trying to be cool but its not working out at all. He is playing Bobby in the movie and a role of guy in 20s who is cool but also want to show his capabilities to the world hence he decides to take no aid from his home. Moving further to other actors, we have Manoj Vajpayee as person who is always with hope but this is what certainly doesn't suits him, this person has tremendous capabilities but all gone waste in this movie. Next we have Aftaab Shivdasani as Gaurav who is an advertising guy but failed to taste the success. Upen patel playing a struggling model as Manik who is just time pass and he is never going to learn from his last weak performances. Celina Jetly playing as Shruti who is struggling dress designer and lastly Hasika Motwani as Aashima who is a successful TV actress (more like Smriti Irani) and wanted to be shining star in Hindi Cinema as bored of his current TV presence and want to get rid of it and to get a more glamorous image on big screen.
Lots of star, there are few other too who could be mentioned specially like Archana Pooran singh, getting youger as becoming older. With her small role but filled with laugh. We have Prem Chopra as nurd businessman but failed miserably to make you laugh. Anyways, that was big intro about the cast of the movie, lets movie what movie has to offer for us.

Movie starts with apparently a not so exciting song. The beginning of the movie, rather whole first half is dedicated to introduction of our main star cast which makes you miserably tired and feels like " man its enough, now we know about it, shall we move further ?" . The sub plots of movie are not so exciting and are not well executed.

Prem Chopra, whose lucky number happens to be six, dialled six random numbers those are no other than our crew whose introduction you just got already and have been told that they are owner of Rs. 1000 crore business firm but sadly they have to pay off Rs. 12000 crores debts also. When they all meet, Govinda turns out to be smartest but later on entry of villain, no other than Ravi Kishan and now they all unites.

Looks somewhat good but presentation is so lousy that even if you do not expect any story but only laugh then too it disappoints you. Is it time we need a new generation in film production ? Ganesh Acharya may tried to pack it with laugh but script did not help at all.

Another area which mostly infect Indian cinema is very badly times songs. Songs just came up from nowhere, sometimes feels like that they are plotted to tease you at max. Few songs are enjoyable while other are just better to forget.

We already talked about performance of Govinda, all I want to say that his style seems repeating or unnatural now. Ravi Kissan may have large scope, largly wasted. Aftaab Shivdasani was one who fits his role but had not much visibility on the screen. Celina Jetly looked nice while Hansika Motwani have good facial expression but repetative and without required variation. Upen Patel, as said earlier is sort of same always, he should learn from his previous failures to improve himself.

In the last. .
Movie is lousy effort in the genre of comedy and is more torture to watch than enjoy!

Watch it on your risk !

Ratings: 2/5 ie. somewhat poor.

Do give your reviews and comments here