+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Full Form and meaning of CLR and SLR in banking?

Advert.

SudhirPal
    SudhirPal is offline eTI Member

Full Form and meaning of CLR and SLR in banking?

Advert.
    Hi,
    I am preparing for government job mainly in banking sector. As they introduced new pattern in GK, means they ask question related to banking industry. So, i was hoping to learn it online and what would be the best way to gain knowledge from here. I didn't know the full form of CLR and SLR and what does they actually mean/

Anand mohan
    Anand mohan is offline eTI Copper
    Hi Ricky,
    Well i help you with all your question related towards banking sector. The answer to your query is CLR is CASH RESERVE RATIO and SLR is Statutory Liquidity Ratio.

Meaning of CLR : Banks in India are required to hold a certain proportion of their deposits in the form of cash. However, actually Banks don’t hold these as cash with themselves, but deposit such case with Reserve Bank of India (RBI) / currency chests, which is considered as equivlanet to holding cash with RBI. This minimum ratio (that is the part of the total deposits to be held as cash) is stipulated by the RBI and is known as the CRR or Cash Reserve Ratio.

Meaning of SLR : This term is used by bankers and indicates the minimum percentage of deposits that the bank has to maintain in form of gold, cash or other approved securities. Thus, we can say that it is ratio of cash and some other approved securities to liabilities (deposits) It regulates the credit growth in India.
    I hope you got your answer, thankyou

+ Post a Comment HERE!