+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Samsung Galaxy S3 USB connection problems?

Advert.

Kunal Raj
    Kunal Raj is offline eTI Iron

Samsung Galaxy S3 USB connection problems?

Advert.
    Hi,
    I just bought a new Samsung Galaxy S3 for me to enjoy and experience tremendous technology which Samsung has to offer. But the problem from which i am suffering is that I've been trying to connect my SG3 to my laptop for 3 weeks now with no success, since I bought the phone. Had this problem with my SG2 as well, Infact, I read many people are having problems with connecting Samsung Galaxy phones to KIES, and that overall the KIES is just a pain, I wonder why SAMSUNG doesn't find a fix for these things.

Not only I can't connect my SG3 to KIES but the bigger problem is that I cannot connect it to my laptop at all. I've tried to install - installed/uninstalled the USB drivers several times - every single time failing. When I try to connect the phone to KIES via USB or WiFi it just keeps on loading the "Connecting" pictogram. I am running Windows 7 64 bit. Basically I cannot get any of my photos/videos out of the phone, cannot sync and everything else.

Any help would be much appreciated.

thankyou

Anand mohan
    Anand mohan is offline eTI Copper
    Hi Kunal,
    When you plug the phone into your computer a 3 prong symbol on the top left of your phone screen should appear.

1.Go into the drop down menu and it should say "Connected as a media device".

2.Tap on that and make sure the "Media Device" box is checked.

3.Detach the cable then re-attach it and it should be OK. The media files box should pop up on your computer. It should have a bunch of options including "explore files". Click on explore files and another box should show up with 2 folders, one for the phone another for the SD card if you have one in your phone.

If that doesn't work, detach the sync cable and restart your phone and attach the cable again and see if that works. Also check your USB connection. Could be one of your usb ports is out of whack. Try a different port and see what happens. Also could be your sync cable as well.

+ Post a Comment HERE!