Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Engaged to Guy from 1 year but I don't love him

Advert.

sakshi shah
    sakshi shah is offline Just in!

Engaged to Guy from 1 year but I don't love him

Advert.
    Hi,
    I m sakshi.I am engaged with a guy since 1 year but i dont love him.My parents want me to marry him but i love some other guy who is in my office.I am so attached to him and I cant live without him. But how can i tell my parents to say no to that guy who is engaged with me that guy is also love me so much but i dont and I cant told him all this.I know its too late but i dont have any option.Please suggest me what to do.asap

Pulkit
    Pulkit is offline eTI Aluminium
    Hello Sakshi,

Felt like congratulating you for the engagement but since you are not happy with it, I prefer to keep my wishes to me.
    Anyways dear friend, your problem is not that difficult to handle as it might seem to be.

For a girl like you her first point of contact is who? Yes, your mother, a person who would understand your feelings better than any other person on earth. Since your childhood days, you must have had shared your feelings, emotions, secrets to none, but your mother. So, get in touch with her, sit with her, tell her you want to communicate something urgent to her, make her understand your feelings for that guy in your office.

Second would be your sister or brother, if he/she is of the same age as you are and if you have one. Telling to a person who is of the same age group as yours will understand your feelings best because he/she is generally of the same mindset as you are and many a times your wavelength matches.

Third would be the guy himself whom you are getting engaged to. Perhaps he will understand the gravity of situation and realize what mistake is he going to commit if he is getting married to you who has no love and considerations for him. Being a responsible "to-be husband" he might take a step to call off this engagement and set you free from him.

But Sakshi, all this should be done only and only when you have 100% surety that the guy at your office also loves you or not. Here in your problem statement, you haven't mentioned anything about that guy. Its well understood you love him but is it the same from his side too or not?? Sometimes what happens is we mistakenly take infatuation as love. So, first confirming that he loves you or not, you should give your feelings a second shot and try to re-consider them just to make sure whether you really are in true love or its just a matter of time that you have developed this likeness for him. After, your heart gives you a positive reply, you should consider talking to your office friend and get to knowledge whether he loves you or not and what exactly he feels for you.

Don't put anyone in darkness. If you feel something for your office friend, you should delay your marriage date until you are confirmed with your doubts. Once you are married, there shouldn't be any turning back.
    All The Best !!!
    Take Care !!!

sakshi shah
    Hi,
    Thanx pulkit for your reply but I have many issues at the same time.I told my mom about this but according to her it happens with everyone and it is impossible for them.My younger sister also knows that but she is also not in my favor. I told my cousins about this but at this situation they also cant do anything.My father doesnt know about this he trusted me allot if I told him about this I had to leave my job which is going to be worst I dont know what to do.
    My loved one also love me so much I m working in his company It is a startup company and we are working on a project.We just want release that project asap before that he cant able to do anything we need almost one or one n half month I dont want to create problems between this project.My marriage date is in january.I am seriously in a very bad situation dont know what to do.Everyone in my family happy with this marriage but I am not.

swapnilramani
    swapnilramani is offline eTI Iron
    all this should be done only and only when you have 100% surety that the guy at your office also loves you or not.
    Mentioned in a quote because this is much important than any other thing in your case. can you tell me how much time you have been with your office mate as you said company is a start up. And how sound is your relationship with your fiancee are you able to communicate everything to him clearly or not... please clear this point so that I can give you further advice on it.
    I know your situation is quite serious and it can drag you any ways if not taken action right away, I also would like to know whether you like your fiancee or not, and if not whats the reason behind it....I can expect your family members to be against you at this moment because it is a good time 1 year since you are engaged to your fiancee and you could have cut off your engagement much earlier if you were not comfortable with the guy, or is it like this, you started disliking your fiancee after meeting this guy at office... please specify all this without keeping anything secret or lying coz its the matter of your life my dear I hope you give me a true answer to all my questions

sakshi shah
    Hi,
    Please help me I am not able to do anything.I was just said yes for engagement only because of my parents and at that time i was not too attached to my loved one but now i cant live without him.My parents cant understand this situation.

sakshi shah
    Hi,
    I am in very bad situation. I have told my parents about this but still they want me to marry that person .I dont know what to do now.They said that this is your mistake so you have to pay for this why should we.I know this is my mistake that I am too late but how can I live whole life with that person.please help me out.please..

7. Advert.

Pulkit
    Hi sakshi shah,

This is a very typical situation. First as I said above, you need to confirm whether your office guy loves you or not. If yes, you need to affirm that his family is ready for him to get married to you or not?? If he and his family are ready for him to get married to you, only then you should think about breaking your engagement and marrying your lover.

Once you are confirmed with this, you should get in touch with your fiancé and tell him the truth. Explain him why you can't marry him and why you want him to break this enagagement.

I hope he will understand your word and do exactly as you want.
    All The Best !!!
    Take Care !!!

sakshi shah
    Hi,
    If you dont mind can I get your number plz thus I will talk with you in detail or your gmail Id...
    I am really in a very bad situation......

Pulkit
    Quote Originally Posted by sakshi shah View Post
    Hi,
    If you dont mind can I get your number plz thus I will talk with you in detail or your gmail Id...
    I am really in a very bad situation......
    I have provided you my personal number. You can anytime get in touch with me.
    All The Best !!!
    Take Care !!!

sakshi shah
    Hi,

I didnt get your number.Can you please send me your number at my gmail id sakshirathore24 (REMOVED by Admin).

Please don't share your details in public, use Private Message System.

Thanx

Pulkit
    Hi,

I didnt get your number.Can you please send me your number at my gmail id sakshirathore24 (REMOVED by Admin).

Please don't share your details in public, use Private Message System.

Thanx
    Hi Sakshi,
    I have given you my personal number. Would request you to check your "Notifications" in etalkindia on top center of page.
    You will find my number in the Visitor's Message section.
    Also, I have send you a testimonial mail on your gmail id.

Still if you find any difficulty, let me know.
    All The Best !!!
    Take Care !!!

sakshi shah
    Hi,

Please tell me what can I do.I have only two options one is marry the person according to my parents and make them happy for some time and second is to marry the person I want with this hope that my parents will forgive me some day.
    please suggest me what to do.

Pulkit
    Hi,

Please tell me what can I do.I have only two options one is marry the person according to my parents and make them happy for some time and second is to marry the person I want with this hope that my parents will forgive me some day.
    please suggest me what to do.
    Hii sakshi,

Welcome back..!!!
    Frankly speaking, now that you are really stuck in this situation, I believe its time when you should call your office boyfriend to talk to your parents and help them understand the issue. See, you can get married to any random good person whenever you want. Its nothing like, if your parents have chosen this guy for you, there are no good guys except him.
    If you are compelled to marry a person of your parent's choice then you can marry anyone whom they choose for you. But what I want you to do is, right now, you should get in touch with your "to-be husband" and tell him that you really don't want to marry him because you LOVE somebody and that you are being forced to get married to him. If he is a genuine personality, he will understand you word and will himself take up a step forward to forbid the match.

After, your marriage with him is cancelled, you and your office boyfriend both can talk to your parents and make them understand your situation. If they understand well and good, if they don't they can again search a new match suitable for you.

But right now, you can control everything by cancelling your marriage with the other guy. You will get enough time to speak in detail with your parents about your love and feelings for your office guy and convince them for the marriage. Least expected, if they don't agree with your relationship, they can again find another guy to tie your knot with, but atleast by cancelling your marriage you will get sometime to speak your heart out, reveal your feelings for your boyfriend to your parents.

I hope you are getting what I just said.

Moreover, my number is changed. I have already mailed you my new number. Would appreciate if you can provide me your number so that we can discuss your issue and help you solve it out, if its okay with you. If you want to chat, lets do it today itself. Drop me a message when you are free in the evening.
    All The Best !!!
    Take Care !!!

swapnilramani
    swapnilramani is offline eTI Iron
    I don't think this is working Pulkit as Sakshi has already talked to cancel her marriage to her parents who are intact on their decision to marry her to the guy she is already engaged, Sakshi please share some details as what your parents have to say on it, and also about what your may be husband has to say on it when you talked to him......Please let pulkit know everything so that he can also help to suggest you something....

sakshi shah
    Hi pulkit,

Thnx so much for ur support.My situation is going very critical day by day.My mom told me that this marriage is just a formality for them now.But they have to do this.I have to speak to my "to-be-husband" daily because of my parents and it really hurts.After april they will not allow me to come office.Because of that my carrier is also in trouble.Our project is in last phase now.My bf can do anything for me after this but problem is that if i leave this job after this my parents will blackmail me imotionally.My dad already told me that their lives and my sister's life is now in my hand.They told me that they can do anything with me nut they are not doing anything so just do "what we want".They want me to be happy in front of everyone.

+ Post a Comment HERE!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast