+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Now Win Prizes every month just for posting on eTI

Advert.

Admin
    Admin is offline Administrator

Now Win Prizes every month just for posting on eTI

Advert.
    I LOVE KNOWLEDGE

Note: We have discontinued this offering for a while as we are concentrating on other but it will be back soon

The I LOVE KNOWLEDGE contest...

Every one loves to get knowledge and to share knowledge and to encourage very same idea NOW Win Prizes for just making posts on eTI, a way to gain and spread knowledge. We will give prizes to 3 members of eTalkIndia.com every month. This starts from 1st of each month and counts till end of that month which means that we will give prizes to 3 best poster who made most qualitative posts between 1st Nov.2008 - 31st Nov.2008. And will continue giving for every month onward.

Prizes will comprises of Gadgets, Mobile phones etc. Prizes will be sent to the winner at their provided address. All you need to do is to make good posts on eTI. ie. eTalkIndia.com. Even if you ask a question, that too counts in qualitative post. We will value only those posts who are genuine and looks authentic. When you give a good answer to someone, that too counts in qualitative post.

In short, every good post is counted be it a new topic or answer to a topic.

eTI is a informative site where we can share our knowledge as well gain knowlegde. Thousands of members are already enjoying eTI and now to make it more beneficial we are giving prizes to those who are active on eTI thus helping others.

So, what are you waiting for, just login / register and start posting / asking question and you can be among best 3 poster of the month.

If you have any question then you can ask here.

Note: We are looking for the sponsors for this contest.

See Terms and Condition of the "I LOVE KNOWLEDGE CONTEST".

You may want to read:

Thought of the Moment:
    A community is all about helping each other.

communicative
    communicative is offline eTI Iron

Re: Now Win Prizes every month just for posting on eTI

Dear Mr. Administrator at eTI, Now that I am a member of eTI, I wish to inform you that I will participate to the best of my ability in the I LOVE KNOWLEDGE contest! I will try to submit high quality posts, within the constraints of time and opportunity! Thank you!

poddarkeshav
    poddarkeshav is offline Just in!

i coll

communicative

Dear Administrator, I would rather make posts which are current and full of "KNOWLEDGE" on eTI without any greed or need for "prizes!" This is my second and final thought! Anyhow you have written that "Prices will be sent to the winner at their provided address!" I think it should be "PRIZES and not "PRICES!" Such spellings eliminate you as a contender for the PRIZES, and others should also be careful about this! Thanks!

Admin

Thanky ou for pointing out the error. I have reactified it.
    You may want to read:

Thought of the Moment:

communicative

Dear iAdmin, It may happen to us all, that we may make an error every now and then! But the fact that you have corrected the error that I pointed out is good enough! Sorry but I have to point out once again that their is a space between "Thank" and "you" in "Thank you!" It is not "Thankyou!" This is not a chat site, but a serious one, so please be extra careful about your spellings in future! Thanks!

7. Advert.

Admin

Hello Mr. Ivor,

I am always open to suggestions, well thank you once again for pointing it out. You are scholar of english so its obvious that you know better than most of us. For me, my area of expertise is programming which is infact very strict to its grammer, small omission of "inverted comma" can cause whole script to collapse.

Will look forward for more suggestions.

Thank you!
    You may want to read:

Thought of the Moment:

communicative

Dear iAdmin, As a programmer, you obviously must be quite concious about the importance of exact SYNTAX! So having learnt a lot of programming languages, one is liable to make errors in plain English! So do not worry and just try your best! Good Luck!

Admin

I intentionally omitted word syntax and used grammer instead but I am glad you have information about programming terminology too.
    You may want to read:

Thought of the Moment:

communicative

Quote Originally Posted by iAdmin
    I intentionally omitted world syntax and used grammer instead but I am glad you have information about programming terminology too.
    My dear, You have done it again! You have written "world syntax" whereas you should have wrtten "word syntax!" Please preview you writings before posting them! Yes, in 1992, I appeard for my CCP (Certificate in Computer Programming) exam of the Punjab Board of Technical Education, but since I was also working full-time then, so I could not clear DOS in two attempts( maybe because WINDOWS was just about to be launched then). I appeared for DOS 3.1, but in my office I was using DOS 6 at that time. Although I passed a project by writing an "Inventory Conrol Software" in dBase III plus! At that time we used to spend HOURS memorising keyboard commands, but now all softwares are "menu driven " and so everybody is a "Programmer!" Wish you all the best.

Admin

My typos are increasing I think. Well, I need to say that I do not agree on your comment "So everybody is a programmer" .
    Even if you are working on IDE but the last thing at your help is always your real programming skills.
    You may want to read:

Thought of the Moment:

communicative

My dear friend, the term IDE has two meanings, as given below:
    IDE meaning number one: IDEs are designed to maximize programmer productivity by providing tightly-knit components with similar user interfaces. This should mean that the programmer has much less mode switching to do than when using discrete development programs. However, because an IDE is by its very nature a complicated piece of software, this high productivity only occurs after a long learning time. So I agree with you that "everybody is not a programmer," but vendors have seated even novices on the machines these days!
    IDE: meaning number two: The term Integrated Drive Electronics (IDE) refers not just to the connector and interface definition, but also to the fact that the drive controller is integrated into the (CD ROM and DVD ) drive, as opposed to a separate controller on or connected to the motherboard.
    Typically an IDE is dedicated to a specific programming language, so as to provide a feature set which most closely matches the programming paradigms of the language. However, some multiple-language IDEs are in use, such as Eclipse, ActiveState Komodo, recent versions of NetBeans and Microsoft Visual Studio.
    While most modern IDEs are graphical, IDEs in use before the advent of windowing systems (such as Microsoft Windows or X11) were text-based, using function keys or hotkeys to perform various tasks (Turbo Pascal is a common example). This contrasts with software development using unrelated tools, such as vi, GCC or make.
    I think that you are refering to IDE's meaning number one!
    Keep up the good work my friend , because once I also used to make hundreds of errors, worked for 24 hours before getting things RIGHT!!!

manav
    manav is offline Just in!

Quote Originally Posted by iAdmin
    Thanky ou for pointing out the error. I have reactified it.

communicative

Hello iAdmin, I am really glad to hear from you again! We all make errors every now and then, but intentions are more important! You are displaying a kind heart, by trying to start a prize-giving scheme, to improve postings at eTI! I wish you all the best in your endeavors!
    Best regards,
    Ivor

kammy
    kammy is offline eTI Copper

cummon man these shouldn't be accounted as errors as anyone who knows a little bit of English can understand what is written there.
    kamal

+ Post a Comment HERE!