There is a lots going about Microsoft windows Vista so recently I visited Microsofts website and found that its system requirements are more than normal PC. It is said that around 80% home PC would not be able to run it.

Anyways, so I thought to check my hardware configuration if it is able to cope with it or not. In search for that I found this -->
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...deadvisor.mspx

There they are offering a small piece of software which will scan your pc and will report all compatibility issue with windows VISTA .

So I downloaded it, small in size - only 6.6 MB and thought will run and shall provide info about my computer's capability.

Anyways, I tried to run but heck.. it says that I need newer version of msxml.msi or somethign.. ok wend for downloading that from Microsoft website. I thought now will run and see but..
What the heck again..
It asked me to again for something and that is .NET framework..

Went again for downloading, this time some 22 mb download.

That 22MB took ages for installation because I was doing other CPU intensive work also. Later on after 1hr since I first thought to run MS windows Vista upgrade advisory, now I was able to install.
It was started and asked me to start scan..

Later on after 2 minutes of work it showed me that ..

My system can run Windows Vista Business among the four options ie. Vista Home Basic, Vista Business, Vista Premium, Vista Ultimate .
Difference between Vista Ultimate and Business is of two major feature and that is connectivity with devices like Xbox and some photo mangement.

The result shows that my Harddisk is not enough though I don't think that having 200GB hard disk is some shortcoming :P . Well, thats not the issue, other thing it showed that my Graphic Card is not capable to have true windows Vista experience.
Ya, thats I know because a mistake by me while getting this system, I thought having AGP is of no use untill you are a avid gamer.
I keep my system updated often so only problem is of CARD...

But why should I upgrade .. when I am happy with my current Windows XP ? Why should I spend more money to buy a resource hogging operating system when I can do everything with my Current OS and thats also having resources more than required.