+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Mahindra's new MUV XYLO to be launched soon this year

Advert.

Khabri
    Khabri is offline eTI Iron

Mahindra's new MUV XYLO to be launched soon this year

Advert.
    Mahindra was working on there one of the most ambitious project developing a MUV which was code named Ingenio, now after two years Mahindra has announced that the MUV is call XYLO and they will launch it this year end.

This vehicle was named Ingenio in develoment stage, Mahindra and Mahindra said that this vehicle has been tested in various condition across multiple countries. This vehicle had a team of around 160 experts to work upon it. And they expect it to create benchmark in technology, styling and performance.

Since now we know its named as XYLO, we are waiting for it. The car, which is speculated to be priced in the range of Rs.650,000-700,000.

As of now, XYLO is kept secret, there is no clear instances or picture of the vehicle however, design and styling which spy pics showed is that it will be competitor for Toyota Innova, Tavera and may be SUMO GRANDE.

raahil69
    raahil69 is offline Just in!

Re: Mahindra's new MUV XYLO to be launched soon this year

So it is not the Ingenio anymore - its the Mahindra Xylo. Pronounce it Zy-Lo, as the company wants you to. Or as silo, as in missile silo!

This is an update to our earlier story about the Mahindra Xylo, the new name of the so-called Ingenio. We have had a pile of stories on DWS Auto India about the Mahindra Ingenio, and a couple of pissed-off ones too, I think. Hearing about it incessantly for two years can do that to you. Another similar culprit is the Toyota Fortuner. I almost want to fervently pray that it flops miserably.

Mahindra Xylo engine: Same as the Scorpio’s CRDe?
    Back to the Mahindra Xylo, then. As far as the engine goes, so far, all we know is that it will be a 2.5 liter CRDe mill. We do not hear anything about a petrol engine for the Xylo so far.

Power output and other details are not available as of now. What we do know is that the Scorpio CRDe diesel engine which is 2600 cc produces 115bhp at 3800rpm and 28.3 kgm of torque between 1700-2200rpm. The 2.5 liter engine which the Mahindra press release talks about for the Xylo could well be the same engine as the one in the Scorpio CRDe, tuned slightly differently for more torque and fuel efficiency and a little lower top speed.

Xylo looks and design
    I really, really hope that the rumours about the Mahindra Xylo’s looks are wrong. I have come across a few spy shots of the Xylo where it sported that Scorpio-Bolero grill with that garish chrome garnishing in the middle. The Scorpio’s vertical grill barely looks tolerable on the Scorpio front; on an MPV like the Xylo, it could be positively negative!

The rest of the Mahindra Xylo looks like its top competitor, the Toyota Innova. the rear looks a little less clean that the Innova’s. I personally think the Innova itself looks like a big fat steel pig - but it is a good-looking pig. I am not so sure about the shape of the Xylo from what I have seen so far.

But if Mahindra really thinks that they can get away by sticking on that ugly Bolero grille on the face of the Xylo, on behalf of all people with a sense of aesthetics, I hereby record my protest and promise to always hire an Innova instead of a Mahindra Xylo. Listen to me, no Mahindra grille. Delay the launch if you want, but just because that Scorpio grille looks a bit like Anand Mahindra’s moustache, it does not make it automatically suitable on an MPV!

At this point, we cannot make any predictions about the fit and finish - but I doubt if Mahindra would make a mistake in that aspect, considering that the standards have been set by the Innova.

Price
    Lower than the Innova, any day! I suppose a kid would be able to predict that. the Xylo will likely be a great value for money proposition compared to the Innova. Difficult job, but I am sure Mahindra would pull off that part very well indeed. For every version of Innova, you can expect a comparable lower priced version of the Mahindra Xylo.

Future competition
    A newer version of the Innova, and the upcoming Tata Xover MPV.

45degreeprojectile
    45degreeprojectile is offline Newbie

From all the buzz going on about xylo I have heard that the Mahindra people have put the XYLO through a gruelling test riding schedule. they have done it over 1 million kilometers. Sounds like a tough SUV.

Suresh Chettil
    Suresh Chettil is offline Newbie

Is Xylo an ideal long life, powerful, economical Utility vehicle?

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Xylo is not yet out, its launch date has been postponed to Jan'2009. However, from current findings. I can say that It will be rugged yet luxurius .
    In short, Mahindra and Mahindra is trying to make a fusion of their experience of SOLID MPV like Bolero as well comfort better than Scorpio in short, challenge to the Innova. So, basically it will be a powerful, durable, rugged and economical as well well spacious.

But, these are not conclusion, real story will be out only after its launch.

45degreeprojectile

..... It says "Mahindra Xylo is known as the world's car."
    I think Xylo will be the pick of the cars in the coming year.

7. Advert.

45degreeprojectile

The Xylo song "Time of your Life" is damn cool . Download available at the xylo website http://www.mahindraxylo.co.in

maheshktn
    maheshktn is offline Just in!

this car with thwe kind of the features and the price it has on it the innova and taverra are gonna have a run for their money.

Shining_Bright
    Shining_Bright is offline Just in!

Mahindra had started a Xylo "Lets Me Fly" Contest in August. I didn't care to fill in my entry at that time thinking that nothing is going to happen. But now there are two lucky guys who get to go out on a trip. Rahul Sharma won an exciting trip to Bangkok and Nabil Faridi won a Club Mahindra destination in India. Just wish I could have also put in my entry. If I had one then I would be the happiest person on earth.

Anyways no use crying now.

Xylo is a good car. I like it very much

Suresh Chettil
    Suresh Chettil is offline Newbie

A new Xylo pickup is also coming out. I think Xylo Utility and Power can be utilized greatly for commercial use. The pick-up can be a Value For Money proposition for Transport operators.

+ Post a Comment HERE!