+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

150 CC bikes and problem of comfort with bikes

Advert.

kvspavan
    kvspavan is offline Newbie

150 CC bikes and problem of comfort with bikes

Advert.
    Hello expert...

I have purchased Apache for my brother... but its not that comfort when travelling for more than 30 kms...

I also want to know some information about the new launched bikes... Yamaha FZ16... and upcoming bike Yamaha MT01...... I have test rided the FZ16 .. the only problem I see with that bike is the back seat is not that comfortable if ladies want to sit(with saree or other dresses) ... can we alter the back portion of that bike and have the seat lowered by say 3-5 inches.....

Also I have seen images of MT01.. I really loved the ways it is designed but not sure when its going to hit the local market.. any information...on this... what could be the mileage... power.. CC... cost and the comfort levels... also the maintainence..

And the last thing.... How about going for Unicorn bike... how is its performance compared to pulsar 150.... or other 150 bikes....

Please give complete informationo.... thanking you sir........

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Re: 150 CC bikes and problem of comfort with bikes

It is true that riding position of Apache is sporty which may not be comfortable for long drive. While most of the new bikes are sporty and so do their riding position. FZ 16 is ok but you can't do much about their seats.

MT01 is available in India but its a beast.. it cost Rs. 10.5 lakhs (ex-showroom).

Here are its specs:

Engine type Air-cooled, 4-stroke, V-twin, OHV,4 valves per cylinder
    Displacement 1,670 cc
    Bore & Stroke 97.0 x 113.0 mm
    Compression ratio 8.4:1
    Maximum power 66.3 kW (90 PS) @ 4,750 rpm
    Maximum torque 150.3 Nm (15.3 kg-m) @ 3,750 rpm
    Carburettor/fuel supply Twin-bore, Electronic Fuel Injection
    Starting system Electric
    Lubrication Dry sump
    Clutch type Wet, multiple disc
    Ignition system T.C.I
    Transmission type Constant mesh, 5-speed
    Final transmission Chain

While Honda Unicorn is comfortable and tested, you may find it little dated otherwise a good bike for daily commuting.

kvspavan
    kvspavan is offline Newbie

Thanks for the suggestion expert..

But I came to hear that the new MT01 is coming with 150 CC displacement... any news on that...and you said that unicorn is a little dates... does that mean that its not that powerful as pulsar or other 150 cc bikes?

thanks for the specifications about MT01... You stated 'FZ 16 is ok but you can't do much about their seats" so we really cant decrease the height of that right.. or can we do but not much... I am clarified on that...

If all these fails... then how about modifying a bike to look similar to Honda gold wing... wih 150 or 180cc... are there any good mechanics in hyderabad who can do this....

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Modification of bike is only helpful when done with highest standard so I guess when plenty of good bikes are available then modifying a bike just for looks is not a good idea. Moreover, modified bikes are generally not reliable.

By saying Unicorn dated I meant that there are not much refinement in bikes and its almost same when it was launched so basically it looks old. But its a good bike power measure is not much different from Pulsar 150 etc.. You can go for Unicorn GT special edition, check it out if available in showroom near you.

FZ has sporty sitting position but not very uncomfortable, I suggest you to take a test ride nearby and then decide yourself is it suits you, otherwise its a very good package from Yamaha.

diabolosdarelord
    diabolosdarelord is offline eTI Member

Never modify the bikes, as the performance will not be good. A small Example: if you modify your bike people say that you have modified the bike , but if its original which is looking good , comes by company default...people like these kinna things.... so please modify your bikes....
    Diabolos Darelord

ranjanmedimi
    ranjanmedimi is offline Just in!

yamaha bike rates and mileage

7. Advert.

Bhvm
    Bhvm is offline eTI Aluminium

Sporty bikes will always be uncomfortable.

You need a cruize bike.. Like Bullet, Enticer, Avenger, Eliminator.. etc.

+ Post a Comment HERE!