+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Mumbai's HORRIFIC CARNAGE: WHODUNIT?????

Advert.

communicative
    communicative is offline eTI Iron

Mumbai's HORRIFIC CARNAGE: WHODUNIT?????

Advert.
    Kindly maintain forum decorum while making comments and keep this thread an intelligent discussion. Any hatred or partiality will not be allowed while making comments. See eTI Guidelines for further information.

It is Mumbai once again! Heavily armed young men dressed in black shirts and jeans, fire and bomb innocents in Mumbai, last night, killing more than 104 and wounding at least 300, at the last minute news reports! As is usual with news people and others who are supposed to know, there are as mny views as to "WHODUNIT" or who has done it?

1. First of all, most take it as a foregone conclusion that the perpetrators were Muslim, because a Muslim fringe group sent an email to a newspaper in September saying that they are going to attack Mumbai!
    Maybe the arrogance of the Dehli government is required to keep its "chicken under its wings," or to dominate the Provinces under its control, but there is an anti-North campaign going on in Maharastra. It is possible that an ultra-nationalist, but non-Muslim group tried to take revenge for such feelings! Eight of the terrorists are also dead. Have they been identified as Muslims? The religious affiliation of the criminals is still an open question!
    2. Indian Prime Minister said that there is a "foreign hand" in this incident. Some say that this carnage was done by the Al-Qaida, or by Lashkar-e-Tayiba (assummed to be backed by Pakistan , in Kashmir), while others say that this incident does not bear the "signature" of these organisations. But many believe that it may be remotely controlled by Al-Qaeda, but executed by native Indian elements.
    As far as Pakistan is concerned, this does not appear to be an official act, but "Islamic Jihadist" and radicalised criminal element's hand has yet to be ruled out. Pakistan itself is constant victim of such incidents. a ship which sailed from Karachi and is apprehended near Mumbai, with "dingies" on the shores of Mumbai, seem to be smuggler's tools! Since mostly American and British citizens have been taken as hostages, this definately is work of anti-Western highly organised group, with an international outreach!

Who has done it, must be found out as soon as possible, before the trail runs cold, and such groups and their patrons should be awarded exemplary punishment. In conclusion, this incident is hereby condemned and rejected in strongest possible terms!!!

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Re: Mumbai's HORRIFIC CARNAGE: WHODUNIT?????

Certainly it is a serious issue. A satellite phone is recovered from the site which allegedly belongs to a terrorist . News were saying that the calls coming to that phone were from some other country but due to the security issue they can't say from which country.
    As per who is responsible, well I do not believe the statements made by Govt , after all they are supreme power and they can manipulate it the way they want. They can be local people but who knows we are being served with truth. Anyways, but its really shocking that even after 24 hours, forces are not able to knock out all terrorist.

MSL
    MSL is offline eTI Member

Who ever is responsible is a coward! what the hell are they trying to archive, if they wanna take the pleasure of killing them self go a head but why take life's of innocent people.

This is a wake up call for other countries especially Australia.

Ricky

Specially Australia .. Why ?

communicative

I think that MSL is concerned about Australia, because the Australian cricket has cancelled it's tour of India out of security concerns, due to the latest Mumbai tragedy! I appeal to all concerned to allow solid proof to emerge, before pinning the blame on any party, including Pakistan. The only clear fact is a security lapse!

MSL

Thank You for your sarcasm teacher jee! This has nothing to do with Australian cricket!
    i was watching the news CNN last night they have found links to Pakistan,So when i got this news you were probably in bed!

7. Advert.

communicative

Those who found "links" to Pakistan, should have shown those links to the people on CNN or any TV network! The fact is that no such links have been found, but Indian politicians are blaming Pakistan, only to shift blame of their own inefficient security, in view of the coming elections. Still the actual fact is this; nobody at present knows for sure as to who were these terrorists, and who were there sponsors! Once that is found out, backed by solid evidence, only then responsible people should pass remarks and/or take action. Suppose solid evidence emerges that the culprits were aided and sponsored by rogue elements from Pakistan. The Government of Pakistan has announced that it would deal with such elements with utmost severity. So it is better that we should wait for irrefutable facts to come out,before jumping to airy fairy nonsensical conclusions! It is a fact that the generation of Hindus born before 1947, still have not accepted the reality of Pakistan's existence. Such people are still powerful in India, and leave no stone unturned, to malign Pakitan. Then there is the generation born after 1947, in India or Pakistan. The members of the new generation of Indians and Pakistanis factually develop instant good relations, where ever they may meet, whether in the Middle East, or the UK etc. Let such friendship flourish, but beware of prejudiced old people of both sides! I share the grief of the Mumbai's bereaved families!!!

Ricky

I think we should keep this discussion healthy and talk impartially. Though I agree that prejudice must be avoided. But one of the terrorist has been captured alive and he is 21 year old and as per news he is Pakistani. Also, news paper reported that Russian Secret Angencies also found involvement from Pakistan as well some US secret Angencies. So if we do not believe Indian Agencies (which is a total fail), but what about others. Though, involvement of Pakistan never means that it is Pakistani Govt. May be the sponsors are residing in Pak.

However, whomsoever ever died, all were Human and humanity must be above religion and region. Both Pak and India are facing problem of terrorism. However, such incidence worsen the situation as well as may increase conflict between two.

Lastly, I know and everyone knows that Govt. Structure need big reforms and biggest problem we have the lack of youth in high commands. Sure, in future things will change.

communicative

OK that boy of 21 years has confessed to the authorities that he is from Pakistan and is a member of the Lashkar-e-Tayiba. Under police duress, poeple may also say that "I am a dog," if they want them to do so. Secondly, saying that only 10 of them fought of elite commandos of the Indian military, using only Klashnikovs, and hand grenades, for more than thee days and nights,is an insult to these commandos. Thirdly it is said that they were using satellite phones, while talking abroad. Then their intimate knowledge of the city and soft targets like hotels, a bar and a Jewish Kibbutz, all point to a larger involvement of local Indian discontented people. India has been basking in almost 9 % economic growth, for the past many years. This growth is mainly due to out-sourcing of jobs and manufacturing, mainly from the Western countries, the UK and the USA in particular. In such a situation, a whole lot of top jobs in the country have been taken by expatriates from these very countries. So what would internationally educated, but still jobless Indians feel about all this? They should be able to pull off such a highly coordinated operation, wouldn't they? And what about the feeling of those whose jobs have been "out-sourced?" As far as Pakistan is concerned, Pakistan has condemned the assaults and denied any involvement by state agencies. Even Lashkar-e-Taiba has denied any responsibility for the terrorist strikes.
    These are such people, who would bask in the glory of such an incident, if they had any hand in carrying it out! According to a statement leaked to Indian newspapers, the one alleged militant captured alive, named as Azam Amir Qasab, said the Mumbai militants had received training from an Islamist group once backed by Pakistani intelligence, Lashkar-e-Tiaba. Pakistan banned the group in 2002 at US insistence. So instead of blaming outsiders, it is better that Indian Government should improve it's own counter- terror abilities. Citing unnamed intelligence and counterterrorism officials, The New York Times said that US intelligence agencies so far had reached no firm conclusion about who was responsible for the attacks. So since Pakistan has offered its cooperation in this investigation, the Indo-Pak reations, which have been improving since the recent past, should be allowed to continue moving in the positive direction!

Ricky

If talking that way then anything can happen. May be direct link to other country was found but its been kept secret to maintain international peace. Well, there are numerous possibilities. It is not Pakistan who is responsible but there is some guy, isn't it ? So, may be right now you may doubt upon things but in coming days, we are going to see the reality. Just to mention here that it is a international issue as of now and masking things won't be easy here.

This growth is mainly due to out-sourcing of jobs and manufacturing, mainly from the Western countries, the UK and the USA in particular. In such a situation, a whole lot of top jobs in the country have been taken by expatriates from these very countries. So what would internationally educated, but still jobless Indians feel about all this? They should be able to pull off such a highly coordinated operation, wouldn't they?
    Now that is real crap. Sorry but I never expected such thing from you Mr. Ivor. Jobless go for job but not for killing spree.. and that too suicidal.

Also, it is very easy to get familiar with target location as normal visitor. So most probably, these terrorist had drafted their plan and also made visit much earlier than this incident. May be as some tourist.

As you said.. it was once backed by Lashker ae Tiaba, so be it for once but it was backed up by that group from Pak. Pakistan did ban that group but how many actions were taken against that group. And I have to mention here that please give watch once that how partial Pak Govt. is.. I often encountered news broadcasted by QTV regarding firing etc. on LOC. The way news were presented was real shocking, as per news they always held Indian responsible. And watching very same news on Indian Channel shows the real scene and I may not be able to explain here properly. But when you see Indian version of that news then you can realize that how much QTV was influenced by Pak Govt's partial policy.
    If you watch QTV news then you find that their only aim is to motivate people against India and Indian army. No doubt, such things widens the gap between cultures. QTV is now not available in India. But really it was heart breaking that how news were mend on that channel to manipulate sentiments of innocent people.
    For Generation like us who wants peace and friendship among nations, such acts are really disheartening. It takes only one minute to make a new enemy but much longer is required to make a friend.

Mr. Ivor, my only motive is to make this talk intelligent and impartial, I am not defending India neither I am against Pak but I have tried to present the views which should not be ignored. I only criticized which I saw personally and I had no doubt regarding that.

Whomsoever is responsible, humanity is hurt and blood is shattered. And it is the undeniable fact. I hope after such incident India will learn and will work towards strengthening security and laws. If not so soon but someday we will sure get to know about the people behind it.

MSL

The Pakistani Govt wants to cooperate with Indian intelligence to find out who is responsible for this.This is good move but i believe if he wants to do something he should start with is own country.

Tarriest are sitting in Pakistan I'm not pointing a fig er here but this is true, the local people have hardly any right.

The reason i mentioned Australia before is because after 9/11 AL Qaeda warned Australia because they stood up against terrorism

jayraj111
    jayraj111 is offline Just in!

Where is Raj Thackeray and his 'brave' Sena? Tell him that 200 NSG Commandos from Delhi (NO marathi manoos! ALL South&North Indians!) have been sent 2 Mumbai to fight the terrorists so that he can sleep peacefully. Pls fwd ths so that it finally reaches the coward bully who is constantly trying to split us for his own interest! Jai Hind!
    sORRY TO SAY bUT PLS DNT DIVIDE THE COUNTRY IN NAME OF U.P. and Maharashtra We all are one and will stand for each other.

Ricky

Jaya, we should not make the same mistake as they did. They talk about Regionalism and divided India in one more way on the name of regionalism. Already India is facing is facing so many horrific division on the name of religion.
    Ultimately they only care about their power and their politics.
    Its the dirty game of politics and nothing else.

So, lets keep those aside dirty games aside. Right now the need of time is that Govt. of India should understand that they need better infrastructure, improved methods to maintain national security.

And yes, we as citizen of India should understand that must not get influenced by cheap politics.

communicative

I would like to qoute The Times of London. Qoute: Officials and analysts in the region believe that last week’s atrocities were designed to provoke a crisis, or even a war, between the nuclear-armed neighbours, diverting Islamabad’s attention from extremism in tribal areas bordering Afghanistan and thus relieving pressure on al-Qaeda, Taleban and other militants based there. The United States and its allies now face a balancing act in supporting India’s efforts to investigate the Mumbai attacks, without jeopardizing Pakistan’s crucial support for the Nato campaign in Afghanistan. Pakistan has deployed more than 100,000 troops along its porous border with Afghanistan, where US and Nato forces are fighting against the Taleban, al Qaeda and other militants. Some 35,000 of those Pakistani troops are involved in the fight against al Qaeda and Taleban militants who have been sheltering in Pakistan’s northern tribal areas since late 2001. Withdrawing those soldiers would undermine their progress, especially since Pakistan launched its biggest offensive to date against the militants in the tribal region of Bajaur in September. “We are highly encouraged by the Pakistani military progress,” said Colonel Gregg Julian, a U.S. military spokesman. “It is creating pressure on al Qaeda from two sides and it is getting very difficult for them right now. We would hope that they are able to keep up that pressure.” Pakistani officials and analysts said that withdrawing troops would also benefit local militant groups like Lashkar-e-Taiba and Jaish-e-Mohammed. “The withdrawal of troops will give a huge space to the militants,” said Hasan Askari Rizvi, a Pakistani defence analyst and former professor at Punjab University.
    “The main objective of the militants involved in the Mumbai attack was to destablise the region… They will thrive in the event of war between the two countries [India and Pakistan].” Doctor Antonio Giustozzi, an expert on Afghanistan at the London School of Economics, said Washington could weather such a crisis, but concurred on the militants’ aims.
    “I think that the terrorists have made a calculation that aims to worsen relations between India and Pakistan and embarrass the Pakistan government, in the hope that the Indians make an uncontrolled response,” he said.
    That, he said, would “strengthen the militants’ hand and compromise the campaign by Islamabad against extremists by diverting troops back to the Indian border.”
    Unqoute.
    As faras Kashmir is concerned it is India only because of more than 500,000 of it's troops there! Otherwise it is more than 60% Muslim, and has a home grown freedom movement of its own like 6 other Indian provinces! Though there are occassional skirmishes at the Line Of Control, both India and Pakistan are trying to resolve the issue through bilateral negotiations. Same should be done to defeat terrorism! As far as the media is concerned, it does tend to hype up issues, as Indian media blamed Pakistan for Mumbai tragedy, instead of international terrorists, who are more painful for Pakistan. Many Pakistani media sources also hype up the news. India should revamp its internal security appartus, and cooperate with Pakistan to defeat terrorism!!!

+ Post a Comment HERE!