+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Marathi kshatriya and Bengali Brahmin - Both are doing Ph.D.

Advert.

Rose.Petal
    Rose.Petal is offline Just in!

Post Marathi kshatriya and Bengali Brahmin - Both are doing Ph.D.

Advert.
    Dear Sir/Madam,
    I m 27 yr old girl from marathi kshatriya family. m doing my Ph.D. in chemistry. i found a bengali brahmin guy in my institution only. v know each other since 1 year. my parents r half halfheartedly convinced for our marriage.but his parents r dead against for d love marriage. v both tried to convince his parents. the guy is not ready to run away n get married. he wont be able to leave his parents. he may compromise for me. he even took help of his sisters to convince his father. bt dat also didnt work. meanwhile his father complained about us to our bosses. please tell me how to convince such orthodox parents.
    Thanking you.

drsky
    drsky is offline eTI Iron
    Hello,
    It certainly will not be an easy task, but tell him to get his family friends and other family members(who are supportive and whom his parents have high regards / respect for), to talk to his parents and convince them, that after all both of you are indians and hindus, same education etc etc(all the common aspects) and that love,care,respect and understanding of each other matter more than having the same language and caste. And that even if one finds someone from the same caste and language, it may not work out, and then regrets will ensue.
    Change may take time, so if you both want to hang on, just stay put and be strong and committed and work slowly towards it. And be as nice to his parents as you can, send them gifts now and then, to show that you care and that you want to be a part of their family...see what happens.

And turn to the Divine and spirituality, that is, help couples and singles seeking love and marriage, and circumstances can change, miracles can happen. Browse below.

Wish you the best,
    Dr.Sky

http://etalkindia.com/talk/love-frie...ds-dr-sky.html

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    Its an old post and I think by now things must be changed a little, hopefully towards good. In addition to what Drsky said, I suggest that you should wait for some more time, get professionally settled and then go to your parents. It is because when you are stable in your life then you are taken more seriously , even by parents. So instead of worrying about your future and love, emphasize on your career and when there is right time, as your parents.

Remember, even parents want good for you and sometimes its just matter of making them realise that they may be making your life hell by their stubborn orthodox behaviour. Show them that you are responsible and will do marriage only when they allow and will not take any stupid steps like eloping or marrying secretly to bring shame to them.

+ Post a Comment HERE!