Advert.

Pluto
    Pluto is offline eTI Iron

Bureaucrats are given power just to say no - Former CBI Chief

Advert.
    Bureaucrats must share blame for terror mayhem
    The Hindu
    http://www.thehindu.com/holnus/001200812041102.htm

New Delhi (IANS): Every time terrorists have struck India, fingers have been pointed at the security establishment for failing in its primary task. But are bureaucrats not equally responsible?

Many experts believe that bureaucrats and politicians should be made accountable for the delays and lapses in the administrative system that cost the country hundreds of lives.

Joginder Singh, former chief of the India's elite investigating agency Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), said it was a travesty of Indian democracy that important issues were being handled by people who had no knowledge of them.

"Files are caught in red tapism. The bureaucrats are given power just to say no," Singh told IANS.

"The bureaucrats make decisions only after some terror attack. They sanctioned the posts of 17,000 policemen to Delhi Police only after the September serial blasts in the capital while the proposal had been pending with the home ministry for over a decade.

"Posts which had been lying vacant in the Intelligence Bureau (IB) for years were sanctioned only after the Delhi blasts. Similarly, a proposal to strengthen the sea ring only saw light after the Mumbai terror strikes," he said.

A senior Delhi Police official admitted that the proposal to increase the force's strength had been pending approval from the home and finance ministries for the past decade. But the clearance came after the Sep 13 blasts.

"We had asked for 17,000 policemen, but they gave only 7,000 and again made a promise for the remaining 10,000 in the near future. How do you expect intelligence gathering with just a handful of staff?" the official asked.

taazakhabar
    taazakhabar is offline Newbie

Re: Bureaucrats are given power just to say no - Former CBI Chief

This is indeed true my friend... This reminds me of an incident long back when a terrorist being interrogated by the Punjab police officers asked them to be a bit more friendly. Why ? they asked. To this the terrorist said that you too have been a beneficiary of the terrorist violence. How ? the flabergasted officers asked. "It's like this...that had we not created mayhem you would still be carrying army discard bolt action .303s and moving around in slow moving jeeps. You should actually thank us for all the modernisation in the police force" the terrorist shot back

kammy
    kammy is offline eTI Copper

yesterday i was watching national geo channel (Taliban terrorist interview).
    after being caught he said i know i will be killed but i did for allah!!!!
    does allah teaches to kill someone? aren't they also allahs people? are their many gods or one?
    are different religions have different people created by different GODs?
    the day terrorists find out the correct answers there will be peace and no terror until then no matter how hard we try whomso ever we blame Terror cannot be eliminated nor the Terrorists>
    kamal

taazakhabar
    taazakhabar is offline Newbie

Indeed you are right Kammy... Allah never asked these jokers to kill on his behalf. So they are obviously acting against his devine will and will someday have to answer Him-- why they did so?

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Quote Originally Posted by kammy
    yesterday i was watching national geo channel (Taliban terrorist interview).
    after being caught he said i know i will be killed but i did for allah!!!!
    does allah teaches to kill someone? aren't they also allahs people? are their many gods or one?
    are different religions have different people created by different GODs?
    the day terrorists find out the correct answers there will be peace and no terror until then no matter how hard we try whomso ever we blame Terror cannot be eliminated nor the Terrorists>

Dear Kammy, the truth is that they are only puppets. Actually there are only few ill-minded people who have either some personal benefit like politics and power or their thoughts are infected by similar people who used them or misguided. So, these puppets are manipulated by mis-interpretation of Holy books and religious preachings.

For them, name of Allah is a tool to fool people and get people. Thesepeople make differences even between various Muslim communities itself, though they worship Allah and others too.

These people always have their personal reasons and sometimes inspired their crazy passions who never comply with welfare of humanity at all. Hope you remember Sadhvi Pragya case. Latest update is :
    http://ibnlive.in.com/news/dayanand-...t/81634-3.html

Whom to trust now!!!

At the end, its us , the common people who suffers.

+ Post a Comment HERE!