+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Want to Gift a Car to my Father : He wont accept it

Advert.

dish
    dish is offline Newbie

Question Want to Gift a Car to my Father : He wont accept it

Advert.
    Hi all,

I am married and settled in my new life. I am a working professional. I earn enough to run my house, and still have some savings. I do not spend much on luxury and believes simple living high thinking.

Since when I was a child, my father saved money to buy a car but he couldnt ever buy one because of some or the other needs of the family. Now he is 55 and getting weak year by year. He still has this dream of buying a car I know but the next thing for which he is saving money is my brother's wedding. He spent all he had in my wedding.

So, even I being a daughter, want to gift him a car. I want to see my Father driving my Mother in his own car. I talked to them both but they wont agree. They are principled people. But still it hurts me, seeing them struggling pennies. They live decent but yeah, that car is not there and prolly he wont be capable enough of driving after a few years.

How can I do it right? So that he doesnt feel bad. My husband is okay if I gift him a car. I also know that eventually the car will go to my brother, but I am again okay with that.

His dream is my dream. And I want to accomplish it in a nicer way. Talking dint help. Will surprise gift help? He should not feel offended, that's all I want.

May be a letter? How how, I can make him agree buy one for himself??

Thanks.

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    Since you are girl that too married, they will never agree to take gift from you but believe me, purchase a car, surprise him and make it on a small ceremony, may be on his birthday party. I am sure he will be more than happy to accept it.

dish
    dish is offline Newbie
    He is no more with us. He lost his life in sudden attack :'(

+ Post a Comment HERE!