Hi,

i came across with your post & blog recently regarding problems in Relationship , marriage !

I would like to put across my problem which i am going through right now. i am in love/relation with my childhood friend and classmate since 5 years. I met him after 10 years, i.e after my 7th std and that was my first company and job. he is Christian and i am a Hindu. he started liking me and loving me i had kept a distance because some where i had a fear that my family may not be ok with this relation and marriage. but kept on loving me and caring me more and more sincerely and in between he left to abroad for better career and was helping my family financially, emotional whenever i was in trouble. he had gone to great extent to help my family and me in some situation which still i appreciate him for that. so there 2-3 years passed away and @ my home they started searching proposal, and that was a moment where i felt i should not ditch him or hurt him, bec i had been with me during my all bad times, helped, loved and caring me so much so i thought of getting committed so i shared the same thing with my family , fought for him and convinced them , finally they agreed.

and he also spoke to his parents but initially his mother was not ok as i am Hindu. then some how he convinced them and he convinced me too that he is there for me and support me etc. (bec that time also looking @ his parents mind set i was thinking of withdrawing from this relation, but he dint allow me to do)

my parents met his family - they put across one condition that is "convert ism"

which i was not ok with as i believe all gods are same and should not force oneself to believe something, but his mother stick with her expectation, and eventually - he had to keep himself away from me,

finally i could not go away from him and i agreed so again after that 2- 3times my family met his family and decided regarding marriage etc which is suppose to be on next May.

but then as i was getting converted and i had a wish of having marriege in both styles which they were not ok and i had a wish of going to temple or doing prayers silently which i ad shared with his parents also. but after some days he started massaging like his mom is not accepting me , she wants me to follow one religion etc. so even i argued with him and thought things may go fine bec i never thought he may take such a decision.

as days passed i realized that he has taken up a decision to end this relation. i begged him, tried to convince but he had already made his mind and said that incase this relation goes on from that end his mother also wont be happy and i also will get hurt and he don't want to see that and he said his family has taken promise from him that he wont get into this relation anymore.

i know that what he did is wrong after coming to so extend, he felt weak in front of his family. but i know the understanding and adjustment between us was too good and he is really a nice man who always keep his wife and family happy by any means. and i dont want to loose him.

right now he is not ready to listen to me and not allowing me to contact him in any ways.

please help me and share your inputs, thoughts.

Regards