+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Uneasy feeling about meeting own parents after love marriage

Advert.

Unregistered Guest

Uneasy feeling about meeting own parents after love marriage

Advert.
    Iam 29yr old female working in delhi. I was deeply in love with a guy but my parents hated him. Though we belonged to the same caste and everything was perfect but my parents were just against the idea of love marriage. I made efforts to convince them for 2 years but they did'nt agree. So we married secretly and lived separately for 5 months. Then one day I disclosed the secret to my family, though they did a formal reception for us but my parents did'nt talk to my husband or in-laws. Now its been one and a half year. i am happily married. I talk daily to my mother over phone. We talk about all general stuff but she never asks about my husband etc. we don't talk about anything controversial. My father never picks my calls. I have never been to my house again neither my mother calls me though she is always concerned about me. My brother in'law went to meet my father at his office but he refused to forgive us even after one year. I guess the pain which i have given them will take much much more time to heal. i understand that. Now There is a marriage of one of my cousin. Iam in a fix about going there. If i will go my mother will not go so as to avoid my husband. But my cousin wants me to attend her wedding. Should i attend it ??? but I don't want my parents to feel awkward. and please suggest how should i remove the guilt from my mind about giving my parents so much pain.

drsky
    drsky is offline eTI Iron
    Hello,
    Just go for your cousin's wedding, if you do meet your parents, see if you can talk to them. It may be awkward for all of you, but atleast you will be trying to mend the broken hearts. And write a very nice letter to your father stating that you are sorry for the way it happened and that you didn't mean to hurt them but that you were also scared for yourself in that it is very difficult to choose an unknown partner especially after you met your guy.
    And pray to God(for God is love) and keep helping couples, singles seeking love and marriage and the elderly as much as possible, and things may change positively for you.

Wish you the best,
    Dr.Sky

+ Post a Comment HERE!