+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Why parents worries about social opinion on love marriage of their children ?

Advert.

yamini
    yamini is offline Just in!

Why parents worries about social opinion on love marriage of their children ?

Advert.
    hii everybody...Hi, I have a very common question. How to convince my Indian parents for love marriage?
    so the story is that i met this person "x" during my graduation...he was from different caste..basically from bombay...we met through a common friend...became good friends with a spark..he proposed..i said yes...and im the committed type..so i was in for marriage...him to..or so i thought..i finished by graduation...came back to my place to my parents...he finished his MBA..went to bombay..and we r in a long term relationship...his parents wanted him to marry...i wanted to postgraduation...for once i thought of not doing pg for him and his family sake..i told my parents that hi "X"s parents wants to meet...both parties speak on phone...by this time i got into my postgraduation because "X" also wanted for me to study..i dont know what happened...after a week of all the chitchat and three years promises.."X" breaksup with me..on phone..then of course the usual..i cried..i begged..i cried again...i contemplated going bombay to meet him..he says he doesnt love me anymore...i get on terms with it...and he is engaged to someone else in less than month..ok...so chapter closed...while this was all going on(the crying part after the breakup)...my very good frnd and a fellow postgraduate student going with similar issue..with his gf...we become closer, given the situation(but we were always genuine and good friends and thats all)..but once we were looking at the world again from different perpectives(just each other actually)..well we found love in each other...it was second relationship for both of us...and because he was an amazing person as it is..genuine, simple, decent, polite, mannered, and good looking and etc..also because we spent so much time together being in the same college and all..the relationship was waiting to happen...and i realised thank god "X" broke up with me...and this time around i thought...hey this guy is from good family..i know his background...he is also a doctor..from the same caste as mine..and a north indian as i am...these were the things my parents wanted...and a family person...i thought my parents should be easy to convince this time(though this was not the reason i fell in love with him)...he speaks with my mother...my mother speaks with his family..i know it isnt going to be simple..after all it is a love marriage..and i think in india..anything matters but love..(well mostly i guess)..she spoke nicely..was almost ready..she likes the guy..she likes the family...guy is ready to wait..so is his family..but suddenly my mother denies again..just like that...saying that what will our relatives think..what will we say to them...the guy and his family is stil convincing..but im just thinking..whats more important...relatives(though they are and i love my extended family,, no doubts about that)..or your daughter..are we trying to say that parents who agree for love marriage arent good parents...i dont understand...im going to fight..and fight hard..and not let go of him...because i love him..and he loves me..but i dont understand the whole point..she says she sacrificed so many things..and im grateful..but i think every parent sacrifices...i will too once im a parent..does that mean i should forget my love and marry someone else kyunki"log ya kahenge"..i would want them to sit and think for once..ki "meri beti kya kahegi"...
    can someone please suggest how to convince my parents..i come quite strong headed in front of my parents..and i might lose my temper...i dont want to..but these kind of things just get to my nerves..!!

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    Clearly essay writing or creative writing was not a subject of your interest for you in school time. You have written a very long story and wants to tell us lots of things but without realizing that how hard is to grasp when something is written without proper breaks, punctuations etc. It looks like as if you are whispering something to a person sitting 10 mtrs away from you, he can get some of the things but not all .

Seriously, read it again yourself what have you written.

Anyways, coming to your question, I read it all, you have been through lots of things and trauma. Why your Ex broke up is not a question here but I guess he did because you both knew each other very well and there was nothing exciting left in your relationship. With time people loose interest and since you were in LDR, he decided to break up and I think he did right thing if he really lost love for you.

So, then there is other guy, you both need emotional support and you both knows each well, same caste but now your MOM just denied without giving any reason .. so here question is what wrong people will think about this boy, can't your mother simply pretend that she fixed your marriage with this guy and problem solved.. "ab log kya kahenge ?" ...

+ Post a Comment HERE!