+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Configure & Install PPPoE Bsnl Broadband Adsl Modem

Advert.

kammy
    kammy is offline eTI Copper

Configure & Install PPPoE Bsnl Broadband Adsl Modem

Advert.
    BSNL BroadbandBsnl Broadband services are offered to users who have subscribed for their landline phone and you will need to rent/buy a adsl modem in order to get started using this high speed internet connection. Here is a small tutorial on getting started installing this modem.

Connect the modem with the landline phone and the other end to your computer’s CPU/laptop. This would give you a dialog box with a message saying new hardware found, you need to install all the drivers from the installation CD provided in the modem box.

Next open your browser and enter http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar and press enter where in you will give asked for the logins to the modem in a dialog box, enter ‘admin’ ‘admin’ as the login credentials and you will be logged into the modem. Make sure you enter both the logins in small letters because the logins are case sensitive.

Go to the Advanced setup menu and click on the WAN button.

Click on the add button to create a configuration.

Enter the VPI & VCI values provides by your ISP ie bsnl broadband authorities which generally are 0 & 35 respectively.

Select the connection type as PPPoE and click on the next button.

Enter the PPPoE username & password which every bsnl broadband users are given via phone and click on next to save the configuration and you are done setting up the bsnl ADSL2+ super speed land line broadband internet connection.

Generally BSNL authorities offer a modem but i would recommend you guys to use a modem from Dlink because its far more better in terms of stable connection and speedy connectivity.]
    kamal

kammy
    kammy is offline eTI Copper

Re: Configure & Install PPPoE Bsnl Broadband Adsl Modem

kamal

maneesh chauhan Guest

Re: Configure & Install PPPoE Bsnl Broadband Adsl Modem

i am currently using bsnl broadband with a wired modem. but i want to make it wifi. so from somewhere i got anothe siemens SL2_141 wifi modem and also reseted it. but when i connected the modem with my comp. the the comp. didn't detectd it and only the dsl and power lights r glowing on the modem. please help! my email id is [email protected]

receivet
    receivet is offline Just in!
    Connect the modem and pc with a crossover lan cable.

Here I be listing steps for Type 2 modem (wireless)

Step 1

Connect the modem and pc with a crossover lan cable.
    Step 2

Change the IPv4 address of the system to the following and save it.

IP Add: 192.168.1.10
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway: 192.168.1.3

Configuring IPv4 setting in Windows 7

Step 3

Now open your browser and type 192.168.1.1

Username:admin

Password:admin

Login to bsnl modem

Step 4

A new page will open ,look for pppoe option under internet connections. Once you find it enter the username and password provided by you ISP.

This step may be different for different user as it depends on type of connection you have for more details contact you service provider and they will guide you.Enter the VPI & VCI values provides by your ISP in most of the cases they are 0 & 35 respectively.And keep other things as default.

Entering username and password

Step 5

Click on next , next and then apply changes and reboot your system. If everything work well you will connected to your internet.Always write down your username and password and keep it some place safe.

+ Post a Comment HERE!