+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

My boyfriend stopped talking to me because his parents are against our marriage

Advert.

Komalsingh
    Komalsingh is offline Just in!

My boyfriend stopped talking to me because his parents are against our marriage

Advert.
    Hii..
    I am 20 years old and my boyfriend is 25. We are in a relationship from last 2 years. He ia a rajput from indore and i am jaat from haryana. Our problem started 6 months ago when his parents started talking about his marriage. He told his parents about our relationship but they refused. They asked him if he wants to marry me then separate from the family and go away. Same thing happened with me when my parents got to know about us. They also said me same words to break all ties with them if i want to marry that guy. They say we will not go against the society. We have to live in the society or log kya khenge n all. We both really love each other. I just cant imagine my life without him. Also his parents are presurizing him to marry the girl of their choice and society. My boyfriend has also stopped talking to me. He has blocked me from everywhere, switched off his phone. I cant live without him and m in a very bad conditon. He is also not talking to me. Please help me and suggest me what to do.
    Regards Komal

swapnilramani
    swapnilramani is offline eTI Iron
    Hi komal,
    First of all welcome to ETI,
    Greetings from my side,
    And now coming to your problem, can you tell me in little detail as to what your guy does professionally and is he financially independent and what points you have put infront of your parents and trying to convince them?

And secondly, after reading the title it surprises me to know that if your guy loves you how can he leave you midway and stop talking to you if parents are against it.

In a stereotypical society like India LOG KYA KAHENGE is more important for all the parents initially, then their child's happiness, till the child has the courage to stand up and fight for their own decisions for their life, the fight here doesn't mean going against their will and eloping or running away, the fight here means the fight for what is right and trying to convince your parents for giving approval for your marriage and its a mutual thing to be done by both the partners supporting each other and hence proving the strength of your love for each other.

It is this real time when the Love of Couples is put to test, if they still stand together after all the difficult situations united, victory will be confined to them.

For now I suggest you to try and have a word with your guy and make him understand that two years is not a short period to live together and that if parents are not willing to give approval it time for us to atleast try and convince them for what is right and for our love to give approval, as you guys have no right to spoil 4 lives at a time by marrying someone else when you are in love with somebody else.

I will share a nice helpful post with you which will surely help you in concvincing your parents, here it goes
    How to convince Parents for Love

And will wait for your reply, if you have problem sharing additional details here you can mail me them on [email protected]

+ Post a Comment HERE!