+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Did I do any wrong in approaching him and confronting intentions?

Advert.

Alicia
    Alicia is offline Just in!

Did I do any wrong in approaching him and confronting intentions?

Advert.
    Did I do anything stupid.I m working in my husband's friend company who happens to be the CEO. He was nice to me for obvious reasons.?

Our wavelength matched & v started chatting rather I pinged him and he was always responsive. I found a link between us like we could be really good friends.However when I told my husband he was not comfortable. But deep down I felt may be I m pestering him is he really interested in talking to me or he is just doing it since I m his friends wife and my husband also happens to be one of their close business associates. I had gone for a business trip 3 days back & met him so thought to clarify things with him face to face. He came but he was not very forthcoming & said its his nature to talk like this & even if I stop he wont bother. But the day before he took me for coffee he took my hand in his hands and help me crossed the road, being a woman I can always make out he wont do it with everyone and due to it only I thought to clarify it face to face. But it was an awkward meeting full of silent moments.I wanted to know if he is under some restriction to be in touch with me or he genuinely sees some good friendship between us. He said he cant be forced and he has lots of friends. And the main question is whether I feel right about chatting with him or not. He said whether I was suspecting him to be flirting with me,didnt know what to say. I have come back home but still upset. Did I do anything wrong. What would I tell my husband. It may spoil their friendship & shall i quit the organization or quietly continue with the work. I afraid also that he may share this incident with his own circle.

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    I wish you had taken advice here or somewhere else before confronting him.

I can understand the excitement you had about him and that's what made you to confront him. You definitely made mistake, you are dealing with a very complicated association. He is your husband's friend, that too a CEO of the company where you work. See, there is always some kind of excitement present in opposite sex interactions but as human you should understand ways to mange them.

Seriously the way you describe, you were not confronting him, rather you were looking hints from him whether he is interested in you or not, you were more excited than him. And when he just ridiculed it, you are feeling upset. Ofcourse you are concerned about its aftermath too.

In short, you shouldn't had confronted him, there was no need for it all. This act of you now can hurt your husband , your relation and moreover, his work too (as you said its more business association).

IMO, you have made a stupid mistake and made things embarrassing to that guy too. I advice that do not quit work and don't worry, he won't share anything anywhere as there is nothing much to share. Don't know if he decides to go boasting about his coolness that made you drizzle over him.

Anyways, if you get a moment with him, clearly say sorry and be normal as you were. You may use word like "I am sorry for my stupid act last dinner / meet, it was childish and I respect you as friend of my husband as well as my boss".

Make sure you don't make him feel offended , so choose word wisely. Above all there should be any friendly talk or explanation session. Keep it short and professional.

drsky
    drsky is offline eTI Iron
    Hello,

Agree with Aarish, dont make much of it, and try to keep conversations short and strictly professional. Dont give chance for any temptations to complicate all your lives.
    Find female companions at your work place so as to divert.

Dr.Sky

+ Post a Comment HERE!