+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

What to do about boyfriend's chauvinist thinking?

Advert.

Unregistered Guest

What to do about boyfriend's chauvinist thinking?

Advert.
    Hi everyone, I am in a relationship with a guy for a long time and he means the world to me. He is sweet caring understanding and what not! In short he the perfect guy for me and I wish to spend my entire life with him.
    But,
    recently while we were talking he told me that he don't like talking to girls (which is good for me :P ) but the reason he gave me why he don't like this was because he don't like girls, he think girls are dumb (he always gives me the example of alia bhatt), girls talk a lot and he don't respect girls because according to him girls don't have unity and they are desperate for attention from boys. But he also says that he don't think the same for me, he says I am different from others and not at all an attention seeker and that's the reason why he love me so much.

what he said is partly true, there are girls who are like what he said but there are guys who are like what he said. I mean every one is desperate for some or the other thing, maybe attention, love etc.
    But not every girl is like this and guys have to accept this. And most important guys have to stop acting like a chauvinist.

I love every thing about him and he too loves everything about me, he has accepted me the way i am respects me and my feeling n emotions and i too have immense respect for him but I want to change his thoughts about girls. Obviously i can't leave him just because of this because he was in my thick n thins so that's why all i want is to make him realize that what he thinks about girls is wrong and also it matters a lot to me about what he thinks about a girl because i am one of them too and if he don't respect them there is a chance in future that he will start thinking about me too.

I want your help on how can i make him realize that what he thinks is wrong and i really want to change his feelings about girls.

Please help

Mayank Arora
    Mayank Arora is offline eTI Iron
    Why don't you simply ignore it ?
    Just enjoy the way he is for you, who knows, in your pursuit to make him realize that everybody is not same, you ends up in same league for him as of other girls.

drsky
    drsky is offline eTI Iron
    Hello,

Be thankful that he thinks different abt you, yes you would have to be a bit alert and attentive(basically on guard) to his thinking and feelings so he doesnt think you are amongst the others. I would suggest that you first deepen your love and relationship with him, this would be like a blanket for your relationship from falling apart. As far as the thinking is concerned, this should be done only slowly, now and then. The best way is you can point out to him with examples of girls/ women who are themselves. These days there are countless independent women all over the world(ever since working chance was given to them in the beginning of this era), who manage both work and family themselves, who contribute equally or more(taking care of career + family).
    Such dialogues to be discussed in a nice way / when a person is in good mood / when these talks come up / never in an argumentative or to win your view point / only to be brief and not go on continuously abt it / sometimes it is better to just state your point and keep quiet afterwards than to have win your argument at that point in time. It will give him time to think abt it later.

=============================
    And pray to GoD daily(for GOD is love) and help couples and singles seeking love and marriage as much as possible, so that
    positive karma/action will bring love and keep it in your life.

Wish you the best,
    Dr.Sky

+ Post a Comment HERE!