+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Running away to marry as my parent s oppose him being Swedish

Advert.

Unregistered Guest

Unhappy Running away to marry as my parent s oppose him being Swedish

Advert.
    Hi, I have been with a Swedish man 10 years older than me from 2 years, he is 35 I'm 25 we. He moved countries for me from London to Singapore so he can be closer to him we have to get married I Hv known him well for 2 years 1year he was here and one year long distance but distance just made us stronger as we spoke and waited nd spoke was Good and then he proposed and I spoke to my Indian Gujarati parents about us and they oppose it.. I feel stuck as my mother threatened to kill herself.. I love my mother but I also love my happiness wic is with him what should I do?

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    This will not be easy because not only he is older than you, you are still quite young in eyes of your parents. Every parents love their children and sometimes this loves over power their logic. For you he is important but for them, he is not suitable choice. Hence the reaction you are seeing. But in the end of the day, they want your happiness. They can't see you sad or in pain.

Since you have already spoken to your parents about him, tell them that you will not be touch with him anymore as you want your parents happy but you have one condition that they will not ever ask you to get married. Eventually seeing you alone and sad, they will agree. But just don't force them.

Meanwhile , try to have some family friends to understand your situation so that they can support you when you need it.

But never ever elope as it will only case pain to everyone, it will hurt everyone.

+ Post a Comment HERE!