+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

What is scope of IDAM and related technology

Advert.

kirti123
    kirti123 is offline Just in!

What is scope of IDAM and related technology

Advert.
    Hi,

What is scope of IDAM technology?and what we can I learn other technologies realted to this?

Regards,abc

omark
    omark is offline eTI Member
    Hi. ..
    I am not sure in what context you are asking for its scope. In short, its an essential practice for any enterprise (specially big one) to allow access to information on restricted level throughout the organziation , or in short, it makes sure right information or resources are available to right person only.

Further you can read about it at ..
    Identity and Access Management (IDAM) is a key technology that enables an organisation to realise core business benefits, specifically with regards to cost savings, management control, operational efficiency, security, compliance and business growth.

An enterprise, regardless of scale, needs to manage access to information and applications which are scattered, quite often, across a number of internal and external systems. Over time, enterprises must provide controlled access for an increasing number of identities. Identities could be internal and/or external, and one individual can quite often be represented through multiple identities; the key is to ensure both security and data integrity are maintained.

Robust models of IDAM implementation require three essential elements, namely people, processes and products (technologies) in order to manage identities and access to the assets of an enterprise. An assumption in these models is a high level of quality with regards to the data to ensure the IDAM framework functions appropriately.

IDAM components can be classed into four distinct categories, namely:

authentication
    authorisation
    user management
    central user repository (commonly referred to as 'directory services')
    Source : https://governmenttechnology.blog.go...ss-management/

I am sure after reading this you will have better idea about it and will be in better condition to make an informed decision.

kirti123
    kirti123 is offline Just in!
    Thanks

I have been working in IDM Support Project (Sun IDM & Sailpoint Tool) since one year.What skills should I learn related to this?Here I'm doing boring work like-provisioning related,linking,un-linking Issue,Password Management etc.Shall I move to another project ?Please tell about certifications too if you have any idea about it?Thanks.

Regards,
    abc

omark
    omark is offline eTI Member
    To be honest, generally big process are boring as you get to work on limited sets of feature and that too on repeated basis. Can't suggest much about certifications but you only bet would be changing the project . But remember, what you see boring now may be easier and less demanding than next project. .. you never know

+ Post a Comment HERE!