+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Yamaha fz 16 bike for long tour - trip ?

Advert.

Unregistered Guest

Yamaha fz 16 bike for long tour - trip ?

Advert.
    Can I go for long tour on Yamaha fz 16 . Will it be a good decision or I am choosing wrong bike ? I see that culture of long tour on bike is really picking up these days but I don't have a tourer bike or cruiser which is supposed to be good for long tours. I only have FZ 16 bike and I am quite happy with it with regular day to day use . I have even used it on few small trip of highways. And now want to use it for long trip.

Please suggest me what will be required.
    Is it a good decision to go for long tour on this bike ?
    Is there any bad in this ?

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    Going on long ride need determination more than anything else. You can do with any bike, but then you have to understand that there will be some issue with a bike which is not designed for touring. For example, FZ 16 is primarily a street bike, its rider's seating posture is not at all suitable for touring. Also, the way it is designed, you may not find easy to carry lots of stuff with you but using proper saddle bag or carrier you may achieve it.

As said, its riding posture is main issue, rest can be compensate easily by improvisation but posture, that is something you have to handle. Say, you are riding in group, you have two guys, one with FZ 16 from Yamaha and other with eg. Bajaj Avenger, you will find that guy with Avenger will be able to do more miles in on single stretch than FZ 16 rider.

FZ 16 rider may need to take more breaks as well has may develop back pain if avoids rest. Further, it gives extra pressure on your palm, your shoulder due to its riding posture. But I have seen guys doing touring on similar bike, so I won't say its not possible but its not very comfortable.

My advice is that, instead of going on long tour, start with a short one and see what you feel, that will be the wisest decision.

+ Post a Comment HERE!