+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

CompatTelRunner.exe causing high hard disk use in windows 8.1

Advert.

asaam
    asaam is offline eTI Iron

CompatTelRunner.exe causing high hard disk use in windows 8.1

Advert.
    There is a computer running windows at my place and generally on startup it is causing unusual high hard disk drive activity. I checked and found that there is CompatTelRunner.exe is running and is doing lots of disk reading. Sometimes it runs for long on startup and some times its just quick.

Now I am worried, is it safe to let it run because on line search reveals its from Microsoft and its about keeping system upto date but then why it is causing so much hard disk activity everytime ?

I think it also slows my system a little because hard drive is constantly busy. How can I disable this file and what will it affect if I disables it ?

abhishekdv38
    abhishekdv38 is offline eTI Iron
    CompatTelRunner.exe is part of a Windows Update, specifically the KB2977759 one, which stands as the Compatibility update for Windows 7 RTM (Release to Manufacturer). This process takes up storage bandwidth which may slow down your PC, and you will most likely want to get rid of it. Many Windows 7 users complained of multiple CompatTellRunner.exe files showing up in the Task Manager consuming CPU and Disk Usage. Though this process isn’t really necessary and can be deleted.
    There is also a solution for it Download and run Reimage Plus to scan and repair corrupt/missing files from here, if files are found to be corrupt and missing repair them you can download the Reimage software from the link provided below.
    https://www.reimageplus.com/lp/drp/i...keyword=direct

If this method is not helpful for you the u can try this one.
    Step 1 - Hold the Windows Key and Press R. Type taskschd.msc and Click OK.
    Step 2 - Expand Task Scheduler Library -> Microsoft -> Windows -> Application Experience.
    Step 3 - Right click on any of the tasks listed as Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser and choose Disable.

+ Post a Comment HERE!