+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Sony Xperia MTP File Transfer Mode Not Working in Windows 10

Advert.

Anuj9045
    Anuj9045 is offline eTI Iron

Sony Xperia MTP File Transfer Mode Not Working in Windows 10

Advert.
    During file transfer (MTP) under Windows 10 64bit, I am not able to connect my Xperia phone to my PC so I can not transfer any files via USB cable. I have installed XA USB drivers from Sony and also used Companion SW, but still no hope. I dual booted to Linux with same HW and all worked well, So how to get file transfer to work under Win 10?

Any suggestions?

abhishekdv38
    abhishekdv38 is offline eTI Iron
    MTP connection problem is one of the big headaches that Windows users experience after the Windows 10 upgrade. The “MTP USB Device driver failed”, “MTP USB device not installing” or “MTP not recognized” error makes the users fail to transfer media files between their Android devices like Samsung Note 7, HTC Nexus 7, Lenovo T410, etc.

Solution 1: Switch the USB Port or Cable

Connect your Android devices to different USB ports or use different USB cables to see if it is the hardware that causes MTP USB device connection problem. It is recommended to use the original USB cable that came with your phone or tablet in case a file transformation failure via a cable only for powering.

Solution 2: Turn on the Airplane Mode

Airplane mode on both the phone and Windows machine is another factor affecting the MTP connection. Turn on the airplane mode and try to connect the devices to see if the “MTP USB Device not installing” problem recurs.
    Once you transfer files successfully, remember to turn off the airplane mode.

Solution 3: Reinstall MTP USB Device Driver

Incorrect configured MTP USB device driver is the mainly factor resulting in the MTP connection problem or MTP USB Device driver failed issue. However, as we’ve mentioned above, Windows 10 won’t allow MTP driver without signature to install. If you want to reinstall MTP driver manually, you can follow the steps here and fix the MTP connection problem.

Follow the steps to reinstall the driver:

1. Click Uninstall menu to uninstall the MTP driver.
    2. Click Download and Update menu and take a driver scan.
    3. Click Repair to reinstall the MTP driver and the restart the PC.

Hope it helps in fixing your issue.

+ Post a Comment HERE!