+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Need Advise on Upgrading from Duke 200 to better bike!

Advert.

Ankur 007 Guest

Need Advise on Upgrading from Duke 200 to better bike!

Advert.
    Hi all,

I have been riding duke 200 in NCR since 5 years and planning to upgrade my bike very soon. Max budget is 6 lacs. After surveying the available options, I have narrowed down my search to two options - KTM Duke 390 2017 or Kawasaki Z650 2017(I prefer naked styles). I'll riding it in city only. I will hardly take it out on highways(once in a month type). KTM has an established chain of service centers while Kawasaki has only 1 service center left in Delhi. My monthly riding will be around 700-800 kms. The only part I hate about my duke is it parts quality. The Duke 200 2012 model's spare parts were not up to the mark. Though I know Duke 390 2017 seems to have better build quality. I'm inclined more towards Kawasaki because of it's parts quality and reliability. So, need advise in deciding among the two choices.

Thanks in advance.

abhishekdv38
    abhishekdv38 is offline eTI Iron
    Make sure u can handle the higher parts and service cost of the Ninja. If that is not a problem, then Ninja is an awesome bike for sure (But u sure can't rule out the new KTM Duke 390 though). Heard that KTM has really silenced the vibes in this one.

If you can handle the cost of owning a sbk then go ahead with the z650 and if not then go for d390 which is a far better bike in every way than the previous model. As you said above that you will use it mostly inside the city then i suggest the Duke 390 makes a better case for itself as it is lightweight and has tractable performance which you will be able to fully utilize within the city limits.

Hope it helps.

+ Post a Comment HERE!