+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Can boarding station changed for Tatkal Ticket ?

Advert.

Anuj Lahari
    Anuj Lahari is offline eTI Member

Can boarding station changed for Tatkal Ticket ?

Advert.
    I have an e-ticket booked for the travel from Agra Cant (AGC) to KSR Bengaluru (SBC) for the date of Journey 12th December 2017 under Tatkal quota.

Due to some unavoidable official work, I will not be able to board the train from Agra Cant (AGC) and will be able to board the train only from New Delhi station.

Hence I went to New Delhi station and requested the Chief reservation Supervisor,to change my boarding station to New Delhi station form Agra Cant station.

But he simply denied saying Boarding station can not be changed for a ticket booked under Tatkal after the changes in Tatkal system that from anywhere to anywhere you can book the ticket under Tatkal quota.

I went through all the circulars (53 in no for year 2017) in the official web , But I could not find any info regarding this.

Ruchika Kumari
    Ruchika Kumari is offline Just in!
    Hello Anuj,

Generally passenger who has booked E-tickets in Tatkal quota can change his Boarding station online before 24 hours of the scheduled departure of the tain, this is the official way to change the ticket but in your case Railways does allow you to changing it unofficially...

So for changing your Boarding station all you need to do is meet the CRS (Cheif Reservation Supervisor) of the nearest reservation counter along with a signed letter and your ticket and id proof..

Thanks..

Rohit Chandra
    Rohit Chandra is offline eTI Iron
    As far as I know, there is no provision to change boarding station, its not available in their system. I suggest you to simply board from Delhi and see what you get .

But if Ticket checker has marked seat vacant then you may not be able to get it.

+ Post a Comment HERE!