+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

BSNL 3G Settings-How to activate and Setup BSNL 3G Mobile Internet (India)

Advert.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

BSNL 3G Settings-How to activate and Setup BSNL 3G Mobile Internet (India)

Advert.
    Unlike other countries, Most of the India is still waiting for 3G mobile services to be launched. Looks like that our bureaucrats are not in hurry to give license to telecom companies for 3G. Earlier before Election, it was said to have 3G spectrum auction around JUNE but now they are saying that it will be somewhere near the end of Year 2009.. so not sure when exactly whole India will enjoy 3G. However, BSNL and MTNL, State RUN telecom companies already got 3G license but still not available throughout, however I happen to be in one of the city where BSNL 3G is available.

So here are few details which might help you if you are first time 3G user.

Activating BSNL 3G

Activation is quite easy, all you need is to buy 3G SIM which costs Rs. 300 with 7 days validity and no talktime, after that you are required to recharge it with one of the data recharge they provide.
    You can start with Rs. 400 recharge which give you 30 days validity and 1 GB of data usage.

Settings / Configuration for BSNL 3G on Mobile

It is very easy, configuration are similar to GPRS so you will not find it hard if you configured GPRS ever...
    1. Make sure your PHONE is set to work on 3G network ie. in my phone, to use 3G network, I had to select "WCDMA" in my network mode settings. You should see "3G" written somewhere on your phone screen if it is connected to 3G network.
    2. Now depending upon the phone, goto Connection settings, there create new connection profile and now you are only required to specify APN and you are done.
    APN stands for "ACCESS POINT NAME" . You are required to specify following APN for BSNL 3G settings:
    gprsnorth3g.bsnlmobile.in
    Apart of that, leave every thing default or blank and you are done.

Now you should be able to use 3G on your phone.

Speed of BSNL 3G internet

I tested speed of 3G in my area, I was getting around 800 kbps download speed at my home and around 1.4 mbps when I tried test from another location. In most of the case, you will not get less than 500 kbps speed. That is pretty good as compared to current mobile internet option we have in India.

Now this BSNL 3G works as backup connection as well as internet on move for me as now I have two connection, 1 my regular aDSL and second one this BSNL 3G.

UPDATE
    Please use APN as "bsnlnet" if above APN doesn't works.

Lastly

If you find this TIP helpful or you want to know more then please stop by and give your valuable comment / feedback.

The author is not associated with any of the above mentioned service or product. Author may or may not be using all or any of the above services or products. Above article / review / tip are just views of the author and they do not decide above mentioned service / product's characteristics as whole. The author do not take any responsibility for harm or damage done by any of the above tip / advice / review. Above material / article is provided for the informational purpose only and author can't be held responsible for its usability and authenticity. Reader's discretion is advised.

Stealing or Copying of this article / review / Tip without proper credit and link back to the article is illegal. You may use this article at your site by giving a link back to this article or by asking for permission from the author.

sportfree
    sportfree is offline eTI Iron

Re: BSNL 3G Settings-How to activate and Setup BSNL 3G Mobile Internet (India)

Heard that Samsung 705 has the facility to lauch 3G automatically ... Please try that

Bhvm
    Bhvm is offline eTI Aluminium

Finally, the 3G is here.

But sadly, Its toooo expensive and there are no TRUE UNLIMITED plans.

ohh!!! SpoilSort!

BSNL can give EVDO unlimited for Rs 550, What the hell's wrong here then?

sunidhi
    sunidhi is offline eTI Aluminium

well can we use this 3G phone and use internet for our laptops?
    Post Free Ads at Meramaal.com | Voucher Codes India

Bhvm

Quote Originally Posted by sunidhi
    well can we use this 3G phone and use internet for our laptops?
    Sunidhi,
    you can always use Nokia PC suite to Surf the Web on your PC or Laptop Using Phone's 3G connection. What phone you own?

Ricky

Yes BHVM, EVDO is basically 3G over CDMA and I don't understand who planned those tariff for 3G data usage. Moreover, they are not even giving actual HSDPA speed... maximum I achieved was 1.4 mbps and upload is lame, may be 3G technology limitation.

7. Advert.

Bhvm

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky
    Yes BHVM, EVDO is basically 3G over CDMA and I don't understand who planned those tariff for 3G data usage. Moreover, they are not even giving actual HSDPA speed... maximum I achieved was 1.4 mbps and upload is lame, may be 3G technology limitation.
    Its not a "limitation" of 3G, but a limitation of Thinking of these poilitcians and Companies who don't have open hearts to let the india progress.

Ricky

My point was that HSDPA ie. 3G can provide 3.6 mbps of speed but still I achieved highest was 1.4 mbps . On the other side HSDPA 2 ie. ie. 3.5G can give 7.2 mbps speed and stil we are not able to enjoy full 3G.
    Hopefully other 3G provider (after their launch) will let us use full potential of 3G.

sunidhi
    sunidhi is offline eTI Aluminium

i have Nokia E71.. so can i use Internet of 3G on my laptop?
    Post Free Ads at Meramaal.com | Voucher Codes India

Bhvm

Quote Originally Posted by sunidhi
    i have Nokia E71.. so can i use Internet of 3G on my laptop?
    Yes you can do, its quite good phone.

Ricky

Yes, you can use E71 to use 3G internet on your laptop.

spsinghasr
    spsinghasr is offline Just in!

Quote Originally Posted by sportfree
    Heard that Samsung 705 has the facility to lauch 3G automatically ... Please try that

Got a webcam. Create a Videopoke Now!
    DEAR ROCKY I Have HTC touch diamond model p3490 . under connection settings it used "celluar line ( gprs, 3G), Today i inserted bsnl 3g card it does not show 3g connectivity. kindly tell me whether this phone supports 3g or not.

thanks

spsinghasr
    spsinghasr is offline Just in!

Quote Originally Posted by sportfree

Got a webcam. Create a Videopoke Now!
    DEAR ROCKY I Have HTC touch diamond model p3490 . under connection settings it used "celluar line ( gprs, 3G), Today i inserted bsnl 3g card it does not show 3g connectivity. kindly tell me whether this phone supports 3g or not.

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky
    Yes, you can use E71 to use 3G internet on your laptop.

thanks

Bhvm

HTC touch Diamond officially supports 3G.
    What you seems to be lacking is Correct settings.

Call the customer care of your City and get respective settings.

Ricky

Dear spsingh

My name is Ricky and you misunderstood it with Rocky, anyways, you need to goto Start --> Settings --> Phone --> More --> Band Selection

There select WCDMA (if available) ie. band which refers to 3G.

Let me know if it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by spsinghasr

thanks

+ Post a Comment HERE!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast