+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

MOBILE PHONE theft - avoiding misuse by third party.

Advert.

psnswaminathan
    psnswaminathan is offline eTI Iron

MOBILE PHONE theft - avoiding misuse by third party.

Advert.
    this is a burning problem for many - recently I was also trapped on this. I lost my mobile phone AIRTEL No.9840780885 [on 23.09.2009] while travelling.

The moment I reported the loss of my mobile cell phone - AIRTEL instantly acted and deactivated the SIM card [surprisingly AIRTEL did not charge any thing for deactivation] and issued new sim card without changing the cell phone number -

MANY MANY thanks to AIRTEL for a very prompt action [they took less than one hour to act on my email] during the testing troubled time.

I have also filed my request in online CONSUMER COURT, NOKIAUSERS site etc., about theft of my mobile cell phone.

I spent lot of time to find out NOKIA customer care website - but I could not succeed.

can anyone help me to block my Cell Phone IMEI [for NOKIA MODEL 6070]

My cell IMEI:351868015329928 [purchased on September 04, 2006] from M/s. NSR Communications Chennai-600088

Bhvm
    Bhvm is offline eTI Aluminium

Re: MOBILE PHONE theft - avoiding misuse by third party.

Very nice of airtel.

Please contact the Nokia dealer to block your IMEI.

psnswaminathan

thnaks for the information - normally service providers network have the data base of IMEI and they will have to report to Central Regiry - who block the IMEI from further use. I am trying to do this and if I succeed, I will keep posting the result, whcih may be useful for the community. REGARDS

Bhvm
    Bhvm is offline eTI Aluminium

Much appreciated.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

What about FIR ?

Make FIR regarding your phone lost / stolen so that even if phone is misused, you won't get accused for that.

psnswaminathan

when cell phone is stolen during travel - the police station jurisdiction is a major problem - during the travel there are about 4 police stations are there - exact location of theft cannot be ascertained - it is good that one should file FIR in the polioce station - certainly I will do that - I have filed the complaint in the online [virtual] consumer court].

AIRTEL was good enough to block [free of cost] the stolen SIM and provided me new SIM card with old phone number -

NOKIA says that they cannot help in blocking IMEI. - NOKIA Velachery says that there is nothing to worry as several million cell phones are stolen - because of low value nothing can be done.

7. Advert.

psnswaminathan

thanks Mr. Ricky - your suggestion is very valuable - I will comply with your advice.

+ Post a Comment HERE!