+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

How to Pair Bluetooth Devices with Windows 7 Computer-Connect Bluetooth in Win7

Advert.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

How to Pair Bluetooth Devices with Windows 7 Computer-Connect Bluetooth in Win7

Advert.
    This small tutorial is for those who are confused about connecting their USB device to their windows 7 computer. Before going in details, let me tell you that for using any Bluetooth enabled device with your computer, you need to pair both. Pairing is a way to allow both devices to trust each other and to communicate with each other. Hence when two bluetooth devices are paired with each other then they are actually giving permission to each for performing transfer or other operation using bluetooth.

So in this Tutorial I will explain how you can easily Pair any bluetooth device with Windows 7 computer and later on use it in any desired way ie. that is applicable.

First of all make sure that bluetooth is properly working on your windows 7 computer as well on the device which you intend to pair with your PC. Generally Laptops comes with inbuilt bluetooth device, you need to enable it in order to use it (if not already enabled) and if there is no bluetooth inbuilt in your PC then you can use USB Bluetooth Dongle ie. a small device which can be plugged into your PC's USB port.

And the device you want to connect with PC should be in Discoverable Mode. Its configured in device and depends upon the type of device. This lets device to be visible to other Bluetooth devices.

So now when your both devices are ready, lets get going..

STEP 1.
    Click on small upward pointing arrow on which is found on the lower left corner of the taskbar, when you will click on it, you will find few icons popping up including the bluetooth icon.

STEP 2.
    Now click on Bluetooth ICON and it will show few options to you, in that look for "Add a device" and click it.

STEP 3.
    As soon as you click on Add Device, you will see that computer is searching for available devices which can be connected to your PC using Bluetooth and if everything is fine you should see Bluetooth Device in list.

You can see that my Handheld device is detected as Armor, it is the name I have given to my bluetooth device. Now click on the device you want to Pair with your computer and Click NEXT.

STEP 4.
    Now you will be presented with 3 choices to select the method of pairing. All three are pretty self explanatory, if you are pairing a phone, a handheld or PDA then choose choice 1 ie. "Create a pairing code for me". If your device comes with a pairing code then use CHOICE 2. And if its a Bluetooth Mouse or Bluetooth Keyboard or similar device which generally does not comes with any pairing code then use CHOICE 3 ie. Pair without using a code.

STEP 5.
    I opted for choice 1 ie. "Create a pairing code for me" and it gave me a code which you can see in below, I used that code in my Handheld device as I was asked to enter the pairing code.
    This is actually a security measure so that neither you nor others can connect to you using bluetooth without proper permission .

Now your device should be Paired and Windows 7 must be able to identify available services which you can use with that device.

You can verify device by going to
    Start --> Control Panel --> Devices and Pritners
    If you see it there then its paired and ready to use.

Lastly

Disclaimer
    The author is not associated with any of the above mentioned service or product. Author may or may not be using all or any of the above services or products. Above article / review / tip are just views of the author and they do not decide above mentioned service / product's characteristics as whole. The author do not take any responsibility for harm or damage done by any of the above tip / advice / review. Above material / article is provided for the informational purpose only and author can't be held responsible for its usability and authenticity. Reader's discretion is advised.

Stealing or Copying of this article / review / Tip without proper credit and link back to the article is illegal. You may use this article at your site by giving a link back to this article or by asking for permission from the author.

jayZel
    jayZel is offline Just in!

Re: How to Pair Bluetooth Devices with Windows 7 Computer-Connect Bluetooth in Win7

This step takes me to led this process, I wanted to use it in my Windows 7. Hope that this can guide to do so.

kammy
    kammy is offline eTI Copper

Re: How to Pair Bluetooth Devices with Windows 7 Computer-Connect Bluetooth in Win7

that was helpful i used for first time this bluetooth device in my windows 7(bluetooth donggle hardware) everything went well as you say but at last i was unable to transfer my data.
    so i used bluesoliel software but it was not using hardware because hardware dongle was using its own drivers.
    it confused a lot but later on in device manager i disabled all the bluetooth drivers and reinstalled bluesoliel software.
    now its working fine but only problem is that my bluetooth device software switches off after few minutes????
    any guess how to sort this problem out?
    kamal

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

A quick way to send file using bluetooth is that when you are paired then right click on any file you want to send --> Send to --> Bluetooth Device

That way you can send file. However, still I am looking to find way to browse files on bluetooth device from windows 7 computer.

In bluesoliel, there is limitation of 5 min or 15 min connectivity if you are not using bluetooth device which is licensed to use that software.

kammy
    kammy is offline eTI Copper

k then it should be fine
    but speed that i get is 188 kb/s so 15 min is enough to transfer anything
    kamal

+ Post a Comment HERE!