+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Urgent - Help in selecting commuters bike.

Advert.

Attitude
    Attitude is offline Just in!

Urgent - Help in selecting commuters bike.

Advert.
    Hiii All BikeExperts,,
    Request to help in selecting bike for daily commuting of 15 kms(oneway) in Mumbai. Also, mileage of Bike must be 50+. Budget is max 70+. I was suggested to look for 150cc bike because lower engine power might make bikes noisy after a year or so. Please note I am 6ft tall. Following are the options, I have reaserched.

1. Honda Unicorn :- Smooth & quicky. Accessories are costly as its not an Indian co. Currently, are selling in Black (not the color but extra money added for taking on the spot delivery) around 73+. Dont know when the bike will be available at its fair price (which I think is 67+ on road).
    2. HH Hunk :- I was impressed by its looks . like real macho. Only prob is its carrier hanging above rears.
    3. HH CBZ :- Its old horse still running in race with the equivelent power. Problem is I find having bike too old model and its mileage (told tht max avg is 48kms/ltr). But it has finest shape of bike, which no other bike gives.
    4. TVS Apache RTR160/Fi :- According to research, this was the best bike suited with my requirement till I found that bike is not handy for tall guys and rider has to move forward to ride which may create back prob in future.
    Please suggest. Also, will accept the comments on bikes below 150cc if it meets the requirement. One last thing... not interested in buying pulsar as it too many on road.
    Regards

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Re: Urgent - Help in selecting commuters bike.

I was reading all your observation one by one and till end I found that something is missing which is expected generally and ya, you made it clear that you dont' want Pulsar. And I agree that I dont' feel excited about pulsar at all.. man .. its too common.

Anyways, Unicorn is good and surprising still good as whole package but you will just get about 50 kmpl mileage from 150cc bikes available ie. only on stretch. So if mileage is your preference, you might short in list as most 150cc bikes offer 50kmpl+ mileage only papers.

You didn't mentiond CBZ xtreme , though its not very good looking but its a big bike and seating position is good for daily commuting even for tall guys.

Apache is big no for you (which you already said).

Hunk , is I guess all round package for you but I dont' get it when you say "Carrier hanging over rear".

You did not mention Yamaha Fazer, little more than 70K but its hottest 150cc bike these days around in terms of overall package.

What about Suzuki GSX 150 R , its good for tall guys but with not very latest looks.

Attitude
    Attitude is offline Just in!

Thnx Ricky....

About 50+ avg, we will discuss later...

For Hunk, I was mentioning about the plastic gaurd hanging below the seat. That gives odd look to Hunk.

Problem in Unicorn is Honda has just sorted out issues with its Union and its production capacity is restored. But I have heard that it will take 2 months (say in Jan 10) for coming down price. Thinking again and again whether to hold till Jan 10.

Out of Unicorn CBZ and Hunk .... CBZ gives the less mileage. Hunk has advanced engine then CBZ and Unicorn Engine is giving performance even today.

About Yamaha Fazer, it is also seen too many nowadays. Also, its radial tyres reduces the mileage 33% and engine is on stress to pull those tyres, which in long term might reduce life.

In 135cc .... Bajaj Discover has attraction .. but not sure whether it will perform after 1 year or so after traveling daily for 30 km.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Bajaj 135 cc is so far very good even for longer use, I see many bikes with people I know and they are quite happy. As I always said, if you take care of your bike properly, no bike will make you unhappy for atleast2- 3 years, no matter whatever your commuting needs, it will serve.

I will still go for Hunk, the over mounted rear plastic mud guard you see is actually a part of styling and fits well into the overall design. Unicorn is extremely dated now, it need now needs more than cosmetic refinements.

prakash1990
    prakash1990 is offline eTI Member

unicorn will be best suited for tall guyz...

+ Post a Comment HERE!