+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

NEW INVESTER needs advice to invest in stock market

Advert.

shobit
    shobit is offline Just in!

NEW INVESTER needs advice to invest in stock market

Advert.
    H TO ALL I AM SHOBIT AND I AM NEW INVESTER IN STOCK MARKET SO I JUST WANT SOME TIPS FROMU IN WHICH STOCK CAN I INVEST SO PLS HELP ME??????????????

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Re: NEW INVESTER needs advice to invest in stock market

Hi Shobhit, welcome to eTI !

Investing in stock market is not a simple task as it involves a high level of risk. However, to start with, if you are an investor with long term perspective then start buying established companies with good fundamentals on every dip of sensex, in few year of span, you will really have good amount of sum in form of STOCK, however keep always eyes on stock market as sometimes some good companies fails too !

jaikumar
    jaikumar is offline eTI Member

invest in online trading.there are so many of them in the market.
    just ask yourself few questions like ...Do platforms like InvestSmart and Super trade offer stock scanners?who has the best brokerage plans for intraday traders?Reliance Money,india infoline or india bulls?

mrbond
    mrbond is offline Newbie

let me give you an example...
    Reliance money Online Trading:

They provide a different way of online trading. They have the following packages. This includes the account opening and brokerages. You can recharge them after the validity time is over or the turnover validity is reached.

1) Access fee- Rs. 500
    Validity Time of 2 months or Turnover validity of Rs. 1 crore, whichever is earlier
    Turnover limit – Non-delivery turnover of Rs. 90 lac, Delivery turnover of Rs. 10 lac

2) Access fee- Rs. 1350
    Validity Time of 6 months or Turnover validity of Rs. 3 cr., whichever is earlier
    turnover limit- Non-delivery turnover of Rs. 2.7 cr., Delivery turnover of Rs. 30 lac

3) Access fee- Rs. 2500
    Validity Time of 12 months or Turnover validity of Rs. 6 cr., whichever is earlier
    Turnover limit- Non-delivery turnover of Rs. 5.4 cr., Delivery turnover of Rs. 60 lac

They will charge 1 paisa for every trade therefore no service tax on brokerage.
    They charge Rs. 12 charge for each transaction when traded through call center

Pros:

1. The website is accessed through “Security Token”, therefore it is very secured.
    2. Connectivity of the site is fast.
    3. Investment options like Equity Trading, Derivatives, Forex, Commodity, IPO, Mutual Funds and Insurance are available in one account.

5 Paisa Online Trading:

1. Account Opening Charge: They charge Rs.500 for opening demat/trading account
    2. Brokerage: They charge 0.05% of brokerage + 0.20% on Delivery = 0.25% brokerage, and 0.07% on Intra-Day.
    3. Their website is not secure as ICICI direct and Indiabulls.
    4. They provide two types of online trading:
    * Investor Terminal: This is suitable for low volume traders which is a web based terminal and has limited features.
    * Trader Terminal: This is suitable for high volume traders, a s/w tool is provided for trading.
    5. Few of the features of Trader Terminal are as given below
    * Fast execution of trade orders.
    * You can set alerts for your stocks.
    * Live streaming of share quotes.
    * Get information about index, charts, research suggestion on market etc.
    * You can create and customize your portfolios & watch lists.
    * You will get a RM for your account.

rajsukhadia
    rajsukhadia is offline Newbie

invest in sensex or nifty large cap stocks with good fundamentals. Keep a medium to long term view. Choose a sector . If you have more to invest , diversify between some good sectors and stocks. dont invest everything in one stock or only in sector only. Be in touch with market updates. Do not trade on hearsay. If you are investing in small or midcap stock be more cautious. Buy at dips . There are so many things u need to take care of as its large subject.
    take care. happy investing

jaikumar

but why no one is interested in mutual funds trade i wonder .look at this!
    http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/5532790.cms

7. Advert.

mrbond
    mrbond is offline Newbie

dont worry jai that is temporary.
    look at this i was shocked they are offering unlimited trading only for 6000 rupees?
    http://taojatukamramtep.com/reliance...-flat-fee.html

jaikumar

If you are an investor (not the trader) and especially the first-timer, I am sure that you will find it tough to take

the right decision. I would suggest you to keep in mind the following most important points related with stock broking

charges if you want to open an online stock trading account.

1. Most of the brokers will charge you one-time account opening fees varying from Rs. 200-800
    2. As per SEBI guidelines, a broker can charge maximum 2.5% brokerage, regradless of intra-day, delivery or F&O
    3. As a retail investor, you will generally be interested in trades involving delivery, therefore look for the lowest

delivery brokerage.
    4. In most of the cases, average rate for delivery brokerage is around 0.5%.
    5. Although many brokers offer variable brokerage (higher the turnover, lower the brokerage rate) but to be able to

claim substantially lower rates (around 0.25%), you might have to do a trading turnover of more than one crore every

year, which I doubt if any of you must be doing.
    6. In addition to the brokerage, you have to pay various statutory charges connected with stock trading and you have

to pay demat transaction charges. You may also refer my article “Statutory Charges Payable on Equity and Derivative

Trading” and “An overview on Demat Charges”
    7. Unless and until you thoroughly understand the intricacies of various brokerage plans, limit card plans, advance

brokerage plans, brokerage rebate plans, annual subscription plans or any other plans, by whatever name they are called,

you should stay away from such fancy-sounding trading accounts. Such accounts are generally suitable only for the sub-

brokers, franchisees and HNI (high networth investors) traders.
    8. Apart from lower brokerage rates, look out for the account that gives you lowest or zero fixed charges. That is,

you do not have to pay any charges or fees other than the brokerage charge as and when you carry out any trades.
    9. Go for the trading account in which you do not have to commit certain fixed turnover (trading volume) every day,

month or year.

pawankumar
    pawankumar is offline Just in!

great tips bond and jai...its a close race between sharkhan,indiabulls and supertrade for me!

priya0710
    priya0710 is offline eTI Iron
    There are various source through which beginners can learn about the market and trading. They can learn from successful investors as well. What strategies they use, in which market condition it has been used. Having a good knowledge help investors to earn better and sustain in market on long term basis.

+ Post a Comment HERE!