i had purcgased Vediocon refridglator on june 2008 18months back. it's compresor is having 7 years garunty But unit has 1 year warrenty. within 6 months i had a problem & got repaired by replacing compressor gass . then again i had a cooling problem at 11 th month confirmed compresor defective 7 kept under pending for 1 monts due to non avalibility of stock. and now on 11 feb 2010 iamade a complaint for not geting cool engineer confirmed that compresor is defective & will come & replace again after 30 day after viguras followep they came with another repaired old compresor for replacement & advised to pay RS 1600/- charges for gas replacement . becuse when compresor is replaced compuslarly we have to replace the gas also compresor will be replaced free of cost but gass charges has to be bon by me. advise how to approch consumer forum.

I have all the complaint no with me with date

I also have another referidlator of same company that also has the same cooling problem but after 14 months i made a complaint 7& they confirment it is because of gas failure & i refused to pay charges But later when i got it repaired outside the problem was with relay but not with gass they had wrongly Dignosed.& try to charge me high amount of RS 1800/-