+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

New bike or second hand bike to start and learn biking ?

Advert.

zedex
    zedex is offline Just in!

New bike or second hand bike to start and learn biking ?

Advert.
    hi
    i am ninad from mumbai i want to learn bike but i am not able to get hands on my friends bike so i have decided to get one bike for myself. now i am confused to go for new bike or second hand ? if new then which bike ? my budget is 50K.
    my friends are suggesting me to get new bike rather than second hand.what do u think guys ?

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Re: New bike or second hand bike to start and learn biking ?

Hi Ninad, welcome to eTI.

You mean that you want to learn biking and now you are confused which bike to buy ? or start with so that you can learn also ?

See if you are thinking to buy a decent bike with milage then right now .. no other choice than BAJAJ XCD though bike is new but yet a right option as it has the highest milage with power too.

But you want to go Maximum power with minimum money then it is Apache RTR 160 and thats stunning bike and has slight more budget then 50K.

Going for old bike is valuable only if you have experience in biking or you are getting a damn good deal. If you have friends who are right enough to value a old bike ie. giving right buy then go surely for second hand. learn it..break it.. it won't hurt your heart

If you can ride a cycle then learning Motorbike is matter of few hours.

.. Hope it helped

cool.aquarian
    cool.aquarian is offline Newbie

Re: New bike or second hand bike to start and learn biking ?

Hi mate,
    I was in exactly the same situation a year and a half back.
    See, learning to ride motorbike is much simpler if you know how to ride a cycle.
    I won't say that means u can take a motorbike rightaway and ride it alone.
    Motorbike has much more weight than a cycle and that is only thing u need to get used to when driving it.

So, if u are pretty good at riding a cycle, You should buy a new bike.
    I also knew only to ride cycle, but became quite comfortable with a motorbike after a friend helped me learn it in about 3-4 sessions of 2-3 km each.
    So you will regret buying a old bike when you would have learnt biking quickly.

Firstly, Know about all technical controls of the bike.
    Then get some friend, who is a good and safe(this is important) rider to teach you.
    Find a good place to learn (I started on a straight and trafficless expressway) where you cannot bump the motorbike into any obstacle.
    Make him sit on back seat and keep instructing you how you are doing and what to do next (I know this needs courage and trust from ur friend, but a safe rider like my friend, would trust you not to do anything dangerous under his guidance).

I got myself Bajaj Discover (my friends was also the same) when I only had learnt how to drive motorbike straightly.
    Other things like making turns etc.. I learnt myself slowly.

Hope this helps.

+ Post a Comment HERE!