View Poll Results: Do you avoid using card online payment & netbanking ie e-Commerce?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.. I do .

1 14.29%
  • No .. Its risky using online

4 57.14%
  • I do not have Credit Card or Netbanking

2 28.57%
+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Techies avoid using Credit card online & netbanking.

Advert.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Techies avoid using Credit card online & netbanking.

Advert.
    I was reading in news paper and there was an article showing that most of the technical people who knows a lot about online fraud, cyber crime or just working of internet , they mostly avoid usage of CC ie. credit card online.
    They even avoid using netbanking.

They give reason that if we are smart to have securities then people who broke them are even smarter.

But in reality, using credit card in day to day life ie. offline is more risky than using online. And I too believe this fact.
    I have hardly used CC offline but online, I use it frequently. Ofcourse I keep measures in mind like.. those are mentioned here : Online Secure Credit card usage

Host.co.in
    Host.co.in is offline Just in!

Re: Techies avoid using Credit card online & netbanking.

Hello Ricky,

I agree to you in taking measures while doing online payments through CC.

As per my view, now-a-days most of the internet users are making online payments in case they need to buy a product or sell it. Online businesses totally depends on taking credit card and other online payments. Hopefully in coming years, I am sure nobody will have to visit a shop to buy product but the things will be managed online on Internet.

Lastly, there are solutions to make safe and secure online payments.

Awaiting for your kind reply

psnswaminathan
    psnswaminathan is offline eTI Iron

I avoid using it for online transaction.

however it is not that unsafe if we know the game

Pluto
    Pluto is offline eTI Iron

Why not use PayPal.?
    Your card details are hidden from the sellers.

psnswaminathan

I agree present technology is such that misuse is extremely less.

still there are holes in it - if we lose - we will be heavily lossing even to the extent of becoming insolvant.

I am not against using credit card including online - but I don't do it.

[p.s.] I have worked with programmers who knows in and out of computer.

Ricky

What if you have no other choice but to use it.
    Paypal is not a big solution, when you attach a card to paypal then you can take money from that account if one can get access to your paypal account. So, not really a difference. Paypal only guarantees security against fraud sellers but again.. not against security breaches etc. which is infact is the main concern.

7. Advert.

psnswaminathan

I agree credit card (even for on line payments), PayPal,etc., are more secured I don't discourage people from using it.

Though I have no hand on knowledge, having associated with software programmers, ethics hackers/code breakers, QA & testing people - I am convinced that no programme that can be said to be safe from hackers. Any application software are to run under a platform - can we say all platforms are free from virus/code brakers/hackers, etc.,
    the fact is virus is first introduced and then only protection comes in.
    Still there are firewalls, middle ware developed from GNU, server separation hardware separation, multiple platforms, multiple languages, prime number codes, and many more protections are available - for each advanced protection - delivery system will be delayed - if anything is faster - then breaking the system will be easier.

to protect your online account (from Credit card theft, of payPal transactions) one should have physical control and to have multiple account to be linked for combined operation with physical control. this will be safer - loss (incase of Credit Card theft - cyber crime) will be within affordable level.

Teenge hackers are technologically more advanced than experienced programmers/QA people. Hackers just do it for fun.

I am looking for much more intersting input - still I will be pessimistic in usung Credit Cards for online payments - exception debit cards.

Ricky

Those who know how to make are best when it comes how to break.

Best practice is to avoid mistakes because online transaction system is getting secured, still there are cases of hacking etc.. this only when there is human mistake. Hacker are no more cracker, they just exploit mistakes, shortcomings.

So if you are smart enough then you can easily have a safe online experience.

psnswaminathan

yes - until hackers/crackers has not found a hole

thanks.

+ Post a Comment HERE!