View Poll Results: How will you rate Movie : No smoking on scale 1 to 5 ?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Poor

2 33.33%
  • 2 - Average

2 33.33%
  • 3 - Good

1 16.67%
  • 4 - Very Good

0 0%
  • 5 - Excellent

1 16.67%
+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Hindi Movie Review :Anurag Kashyap's "No Smoking" (Hindi-2007)

Advert.

Bollywood
    Bollywood is offline eTI Iron

Hindi Movie Review :Anurag Kashyap's "No Smoking" (Hindi-2007)

Advert.

Director : Anurag Kashyap
    Producers : Kumar Mangat, Vishal Bhardwaj
    Writer : Anurag Kashyap
    Actors : John Abraham, Ayesha Takiya, Paresh Rawal, Ranvir Shauri, Bipasha Basu
    Music : Vishal Bhardwaj
    Lyrics : Gulzar

Bollywood Movie Review : No Smoking

It is really tough for me to write something about No Smoking here, I don't know where to start and where to end. Anurag Kashyap has tried lots of creativity in the movie but in his pursue he really made film so lame or may be so complicated that no normal viewer can understand the movie.
    The idea or plot of the movie is really unique but in order to make it alive on the reel life, seems the movie got all disturbed.

Movie is about "K" (John) who is a chain smoker with problem of attitude, he smokes everywhere, while on walk, while on talk or even bathroom he smokes.

He is so much into smoking that his wife threatens him to leave but then comes his friend Abbas Tyrewala (Ranvir Shauri) who was also a chain smoker and had actually made K to smoke for first time but now he is no more smoker and he suggest K to join a rehabilitation center of "Baba Bengali".

This Baba Bengali then turns life of K which ultimately finds himself trapped into BABA's grip then he decide to leave the place but was not that simple.

In movie , first have is interesting and you can expect some freshness but second half gets really confusing, you will then find your senses trying to figure out what is real and what is dream. Oh, actually there are many dreams which K regularly see and which haunts him. So if you understood movie properly or watched completely then you are a John Abraham fan.

There is nothing else in movie to watch than BABA Bengali's karta or stunt. He has everything in his lab from Gas Chamber to latest gadgets.

The topic of movie is so new but actually Director made it tso stretched that it get annoying at times.

Paresh Rawal is guru of all in acting, John Abraham was good in ating and there was not much scope of Ayesha takia in Scene.

Over all, watch it if you like Ayesha or you are a fan of John else do not blame me later that I did not informed you.

Rohit Guest

Re: Hindi Movie Review :Anurag Kashyap's "No Smoking" (Hindi-2007)

At last here is one film, which shows tremedous brevity and talent of the director. Anurag Kashyap deserves a standing ovation for making a film like 'No Smoking". A film like "No Smoking", doesnt follow a middle path in its films language, so expecting a neutral response of the audience will be asking for too much; you either like it or hate it. No Smoking will surely be critic's favorite punching bag, especially the ones who still think Bollywood should stick to boy-girl romance or puritan topics of feminism.I beg to differ, we need more films like 'No smoking', if we have to evolve our Cinema.

Each dialogue of the film, etches the characters and their relationships at various points in a very non-conventional way. The back and forth between the dreams gives the audience something to ponder over when out of the theatre. Indeed, it will be an exercise for the audience high on the binge of comedies like 'Hey baby' and 'Bhool Bhulaiya'. And that's where the true Cinema lies; to develop a thinking audience.

Soundtrack of No Smoking rocks, Gulzaar has proved his mettle yet again. He demonstrates his legendry talent by writing magnificent lyrics on simple theme like smoking. I can go on endlessly how i like the meanings of the 'Kash laga', but i guess that will be some othe day.

In all, a rocking film for dark cinema lovers and inspiring to filmmakers who dont want to follow the bandwagon and have a vision to notch up the Indian Cinema.

A quality piece of mature cinema, from a director who has seen the World.

Alok Rawat Guest

Have you ever seen The Aviator(2004). This movie won 5 Oscar Awards, 45 Others and 72 Nominations.
    Leonardo DiCaprio did great job in this movie.

The Concept of movie is very different like No Smoking. I like to say that its a beginning of Indian Cinema to kept on Whole world in his pocket. If you want to more about this movie Please watch it again.

Its a great movie.

satty
    satty is offline Just in!

Quote Originally Posted by Bollywood

Bollywood Movie Review : No Smoking

It is really tough for me to write something about No Smoking here, I don't know where to start and where to end. Anurag Kashyap has tried lots of creativity in the movie but in his pursue he really made film so lame or may be so complicated that no normal viewer can understand the movie.
    The idea or plot of the movie is really unique but in order to make it alive on the reel life, seems the movie got all disturbed.

Movie is about "K" (John) who is a chain smoker with problem of attitude, he smokes everywhere, while on walk, while on talk or even bathroom he smokes.

He is so much into smoking that his wife threatens him to leave but then comes his friend Abbas Tyrewala (Ranvir Shauri) who was also a chain smoker and had actually made K to smoke for first time but now he is no more smoker and he suggest K to join a rehabilitation center of "Baba Bengali".

This Baba Bengali then turns life of K which ultimately finds himself trapped into BABA's grip then he decide to leave the place but was not that simple.

In movie , first have is interesting and you can expect some freshness but second half gets really confusing, you will then find your senses trying to figure out what is real and what is dream. Oh, actually there are many dreams which K regularly see and which haunts him. So if you understood movie properly or watched completely then you are a John Abraham fan.

There is nothing else in movie to watch than BABA Bengali's karta or stunt. He has everything in his lab from Gas Chamber to latest gadgets.

The topic of movie is so new but actually Director made it tso stretched that it get annoying at times.

Paresh Rawal is guru of all in acting, John Abraham was good in ating and there was not much scope of Ayesha takia in Scene.

Over all, watch it if you like Ayesha or you are a fan of John else do not blame me later that I did not informed you.
    ...have u seen the movie really ??? it is for mature viewrs, not for you karan-johar-happy-ending-movie-punks.. mind when you criticise someone's hard work with your little knowledge about cinema medium.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Satty.. want to say anything?

rock_amol
    rock_amol is offline eTI Iron

The Film is ideal for Smoker I Think

see more Details

7. Advert.

+ Post a Comment HERE!