+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

What is Dual Standby and Daul active mobile phone difference?

Advert.

Meher
    Meher is offline Newbie

Red face What is Dual Standby and Daul active mobile phone difference?

Advert.
    I am thinking to buy a new mobile phone but want to buy dual sim phone only. I heard that some phone are dual sim standby and some are dual sim active but I don't understand what is the actual difference.

Yes I don't want to for any china mobile and not company those get their mobile manufactured from some other person in china and sell them in India with their name like Lava mobile, spice and fly etc.

ooonly suggest a branded phone.

RakeshVed
    RakeshVed is offline eTI Member
    Good question.. I am confused with this too..
    On internet I found asnwer :
    Standby dual-SIM phones:
    Several types of adapters are available. All of them allow only one SIM to be active, and to receive calls, at any given time; they provide various ways of switching from one SIM to the other:
    -Earlier versions required the phone to be switched off and on again to change from one to another. -Later models allow the user to switch SIM cards via a menu or by keying in a numeric code, without switching the phone off.

Active dual-SIM phones
    They allow both SIMs to be active simultaneously and allow calls to be received on either number at any given time.
    If a phone is dual sim standby then you can't use two SIM at once then what is the benefit ? If a guy is calling you on other number and first number is busy then what will caller get ..number busy or simply not reachable ?

Unregistered Guest

Cool

dual active sim phone - both the network sim will active. u will get busy tune and missed call will go while talking in other sim.
    eg. Micromax,Samsung W259
    dual standby sim phone -only 1 network sim will active. u will get unreachable in one while talking in other sim, no missed calls also.then when u switch to other network if u have subscribed for missed call alert then u will get from service provider the missed calls.all the dual standby sims are easily swappable...
    Nokia X101,
    all mobiles are dual standby but very few dual active.

But dual active phone battery life is less as compared to dual standby sim phone since both the networks are on.

+ Post a Comment HERE!