+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

NRI Family Values

Advert.

Chethna Verma
    Chethna Verma is offline Just in!

NRI Family Values

Advert.
    Hi All.........

I am new here & its a pleasure to be on one such forum, where everyone else has all immense time & indeed interest in sharing, discussing & talking about various area that make us feel proud to say that we are Indians...

It would be glad to find you all join me on sharing your perspective on "Family Values That We Follow As NRI"

Looking forward to your responses!!!!!!

Bollywood
    Bollywood is offline eTI Iron

Re: NRI Family Values

Hi Chetan
    I am not NRI so I guess I don't have much to talk about here.

Chethna Verma
    Chethna Verma is offline Just in!

Quote Originally Posted by Bollywood
    Hi Chetan
    I am not NRI so I guess I don't have much to talk about here.
    Hey there,

Glad to have your response..... Does not matter if you are not a NRI , why don't you at least go ahead & in general share your views on
    " How do you think we as Indians are continuing to keep up & carry on our family values ? "

And do you there is an extra step that we could actually take to keep it better..

hoobi
    hoobi is offline Just in!

thanks.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

I guess NRI can give better insight on this but as far as people I know who are NRI, I found that they are sometimes more devoted to Indian Values than Indian living in India itself.
    But I doubt on their children as I have not seen them how is their real life, seen many but when they are in India, looks good as they are preserving morals of Indian culture.

Mamaji2020
    Mamaji2020 is offline Newbie

NRI's seem to be drawn to local temples and local cultural centers to maintain strong family values. Programs like Balvikas and Balvihar also help instill moral and cultural values into children.

7. Advert.

flycatcher
    flycatcher is offline Newbie

I have seen many people having real good values dispite having been born and brought up abroad.
    NRI or Indian...value comes from family learnings.

nupur.
    nupur. is offline eTI Copper

Hmmm As per the NRI's friends of mine they only love the cultral activities & Historical palces. They love to spend tiem to search abt those things only. As far as their concern they dont wana live here for long.. .... They love to spend time for short Period.

ya they having respects for cultral valures but sometimes they dont like it . I dont know why May be the current cirumstances where the cultural value is on change...

Krishan
    Krishan is offline Just in!

Often, I see NRIs not being able to pass on the cultural values to their children. Children brought up in countries like USA, Canada, UK etc. have seen far more fairer society having very basic human rights and dignity for almost all and it it difficult for them to connect to a culture where partitions in the society are a major component of the culture.

I wonder, what is the solution, if any.

hdravid
    hdravid is offline Newbie

Many of the new generation NRI kids lose their identity in foreign countries. Since they would probably look Indian, the firangs dont accept them as they would their own kind. When the kid come to India, he/she would again be looked upon in a different light, because of their educational differences, daily habits, speech accents, etc !

Suresh Chettil
    Suresh Chettil is offline Newbie

You ask any Indian living abroad and he is sure to tell you that he misses India and wants to go back. That is the essence of India.

I was born and raised in Kuwait and more than 30% population is Expatriate Indians. Kuwait is a rich and keps the whole country clean and tidy. There is just one area called Murqab which has a high population of worker class Indians. The moment you enter the area you know there are lot of Indians living around because the area is dirty, has the red and orange marks of paan and gutka that the guys staying there keep spitting around them and it is much more populated than other areas.

I think Indians should develop a more hygienic civic sense back home and abroad.

Charankums
    Charankums is offline Newbie

being an NRI ... i am worried about the culture and family values that i will be /wont be able to pass on to my children...

i feel as the time goes...changes come -- we need to adapt to the changes keeping in mind the core value of indian heritage.
    it is indeed the most challenging task !

+ Post a Comment HERE!