+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Women but not Men Avoid Arranged Marriages

Advert.

USLady4Indians
    USLady4Indians is offline Just in!

Women but not Men Avoid Arranged Marriages

Advert.
    Ive heard various stories about arranged marriages that were called off or ended early with an annulment. So far in all of these cases, it was the woman who rejected the particular man and demanded the ending of the relationship, but never vice versa. Please, why is this? Does anyone know of a case where the man did not want to marry the woman but the woman wanted the man?

sandeepsingh-YUVA
    sandeepsingh-YUVA is offline eTI Member

Re: Women but not Men Avoid Arranged Marriages

well, there are numerous cases where a man has decided not to marry a girl or early end ups....may be the source from where you got to know the fact was women dominant or something that pertains to the present women uplifting revolutions pervaded throughout India.

USLady4Indians
    USLady4Indians is offline Just in!

ty 4 ur answer...yes i assumed it's bec women have more freedom now but i assume the men also have increased prerogative ...i did know of 1 man who called it off but that was after the woman refused him due 2 his disability -- in that case its unclear 2 me which really called it off :/ i expect 2 talk 2 the guy involved in that case...also, very shortly after i posted the ? i spoke w/ a man who told me women had proposed 2 him, but 4 various reasons he refused all of them...im so relieved bec of both ur ans and that last man...i was starting 2 think men will take any1, due 2 testosterone and their less monogamous tendency...sherry

sandeepsingh-YUVA
    sandeepsingh-YUVA is offline eTI Member

Sherry, now that is something which i suppose is not perfectly true. i feel that even females have monogamous tendency but since they are so conditioned from their childhood onwards that bringing this emotions outside is considered to be promiscuous. as time is changing u can see that this institution of commitment called marriage is getting lean. i know that many of you will not endorse this point but this is the ultimate truth.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

What the question is here ? Man are less monogamous ?
    I say that both man and woman are equally monogamous but with boy, its way our society is build and the company which they makes them being less monogamous with time, on the other hand women remain more monogamous as because of way they are taught, first of all they trust anyone hardly and if they started trusting then its even harder to leave this trust and go to another.
    However things are really changing, they are also developing nature like man and its due to change in their ideals .

+ Post a Comment HERE!