+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Slumdog Millionaire won another Big Award For Best Choreography

Advert.

nupur.
    nupur. is offline eTI Copper

Slumdog Millionaire won another Big Award For Best Choreography

Advert.
    Longinus Fernandes, the Indian choreographer, added another feather to his cap by achieving the coveted Astair Award 2009 in the Best Film Choreography category at a ceremony in New York, USA. Longinus competed against the choreographers like Anthony Van Laast (Mamma Mia), Aakomon “AJ” Jones (Center Stage Turn It On), Tracy Phillips (Make It happen), Patrick De Bana & Pedro Gomes (Fados), Kenny Ortega (High School Musical 3), Todd Underwood (Were the World Mine). He created history for himself and India by winning that award.

An excited Longinus said, “It is a great feeling and I really am exhilarating.” He couldn’t make it to New York as he was shooting for a film in Ladakh. “My name was sent for nominations by Tabrez Noorani, the online producer for Slumdog, and frankly it came as a surprise because I never expected to win with so many heavyweights in the competition. I’ve grown up watching musicals of Fred Astair, Bob Fossey and the likes and today I find myself somewhere on the same plane. Wow!,” Longinus was quoted as saying after receiving the award.

Longinus also said somewhere there is always a woman behind a man’s success and gave full credit of his success to Farah Khan. He said, “We started in 1985 on stage and did some other shows. Although she went full-fledged into films, I continued with my bits here and there. But she has always promoted me. I’m sure she’ll be the happiest one to get this news. I also want to thank Danny Boyle as he recognised my talent and put me on such a high pedestal of world cinema. And A.R.Rehman, as the song itself was so well-composed.”

Meanwhile, Longinus also bagged a few of the Hollywood projects. He is also working on the mini-series Bollywood Heroes. “This is just the beginning. I have a long way to go,” said the delighted choreographer

sunidhi
    sunidhi is offline eTI Aluminium

Re: Slumdog Millionaire won another Big Award For Best Choreography

hahahaha.. this is really crazy... Best Choreography is not the category in which this film should get award...

Movies like slumdog should be nominated for best movies and story category
    Post Free Ads at Meramaal.com | Voucher Codes India

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

May be talking about songs picturization shot for movie.

rock_amol
    rock_amol is offline eTI Iron

I Like this Movie and Song is really nice Such Greate Story And Greate Achviment

see more Details

+ Post a Comment HERE!