+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Is Kasab being glorified by the media?

Advert.

fluriana
    fluriana is offline Just in!

Is Kasab being glorified by the media?

Advert.
    I'm talking about Ajmal Amir Kasab, the lone militant captured for 26/11.

Kasab is no doubt a prized catch for India to nail the real culprits behind the Mumbai attacks. But the way the media has been portraying him ever since he was caught has made him no less than a celebrity! By now, most people in India & Pakistan know his name, background, and all other details about him, including when he wakes up, when & what he eats, his love for non-veg food & Big B! He dominated the media for a long time. There have been news about him growing beard, having been fed on Parle G biscuits, and being a cook! The unprecedented security he's been provided with has been described by calling him "India's costliest & most high profile prisoner", "VVIP prisoner", etc. His presentation & hearing before the Judge have been published by describing in detail what exactly he said & in what mood & manner & even what he was wearing. How many times he smiled & laughed during the hearing & why were speculated. We'll find plenty of Kasab articles, blogs, pics, wallpapers, etc. on the net. I have already heard of a couple of Bollywood movies being made on Kasab. Latest, I got a news headlined as "And now, lawyers queue up for Kasab case brief". Kasab himself is reported to have commented that he heard people have been talking about him all over thus making him a hero!

I'm not against sympathizing with a criminal, given the circumstances that compelled him to commit the crime. A criminal is also a human being. Nobody is a born criminal.

But if criminals are glorified, that not only can make them less repentant & hurt the victims' feelings, but also it can send out a wrong message to the society. Many youngsters might pick crime as their way to money, fame & power.

What do you think?

Maira
    Maira is offline Newbie

Re: Is Kasab being glorified by the media?

Exactly !! I completely agree with your views.

janvikapoor2009
    janvikapoor2009 is offline eTI Member

yes!!!!! I also agree with you.
    htp://www.interestingmails.com

author7000
    author7000 is offline Newbie

i don't think the media would actually try to make him out to be a hero after 26/11.....

Roja
    Roja is offline eTI Member

Our Indian system is something very different from other countries.

We give plenty of opportunity to get away to punish the guilty immdly.

sportfree
    sportfree is offline eTI Iron

Kasab has become famous wch he claimed he always wanted to be!!He has achieved his goal!!

http://[img]http://orkut.vidpoke.com....gif[/img] Got a webcam. Create a Videopoke Now!

7. Advert.

+ Post a Comment HERE!